1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bregman not a fan of trade rumors..

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by LongTimeFan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Yeah, we are really setup for the future too. Powerhouse style. Dynasty even...

I’m getting way too far ahead of myself but they’ll move the HOF to Houston in a couple years to save everyone some airfare.

Htown Stros and DoitDickau like this.
  2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Meanwhile Brady Aiken had a 4.77 ERA in low A ball this year. Glad he did not accept the Astros low ball offer after they discovered his elbow defect.

vince and DoitDickau like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Ooops.

Remember how much grief the Stros caught for that? Nobody talks about it much anymore.

vince likes this.
  4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Remember when there was actual trade rumors? Interesting revisiting what people thought of Bregman back when. Also this thread reminded me to ask “where in the hell is tha_dude?”.

5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Photos or it didn't happen.

6. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

LOLZ

Fulgore likes this.
  7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Remember when Astro fans wanted to trade Alex Bregman for Chris Sale. Where are you now?
    I was relieved Chris Sale was traded to the Red Sox.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Sale is the probable Cy Young winner but where would we be without Bregs right now and beyond? I’ll take Bregs all day.

9. Buck Turgidson

Who were these fans?

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

rockbox

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Will bregman ever be as good a hitter as trout?

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

That woulda been so dumb. I honestly can’t remember where i fell on that one. I do know where i fall now.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I really don’t know who i would swap Bregman for. I really don’t know if there’s anyone. I think he’s on his way to becoming the best player in MLB. Not there yet but the talent and hunger are there for it to become reality. I would say that by 2020 he will be hands down top 3 player in MLB if not the best. Yes I am a homer.

14. Buck Turgidson

No. So what?

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Astros Fans - In the Offseason of 2016 "Come on Luhnow Trade Alex Bregman, Kyle Tucker, Forrest Whitley, Francis Martes for Chris Sale Already. Everybody is getting better than us. The Offseason Sucks The Astros have No Pitching".
    Astros acquire Justin Verlander, Gerrit Cole, Charlie Morton, in 2 seasons and Keeping Alex Bregman, Kyle Tucker, Forrest Whitley, Francis Martes.
    Me - Please Jeff just move on, Bregman, Tucker, Whitley, Martes are keepers. Exhaled in relief the Astros moved on, Chris Sale got traded to the Red Sox. Verlander, Cole, Morton is in our Rotation now, Wow
    Very Thankful to have Great GM in Jeff Luhnow. Other GMs also I the Rockets Daryl Morey, Texans Rick Smith Drafting, and Trade for Watson before letting Rick Smith go.

#155 rockets1995, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  16. lnchan

I was going to say when Trout gets older, but... didn't realize Trout is only 27. I think Bregs has already surpassed roided MVP version of Caminiti.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  17. lnchan

Thankful for Rick Smith... the same Rick Smith that signed Brock Osweiler and had to attach a draft pick to get rid of him, the same Rick Smith that alienated Dunta Robinson/Duane Brown/etc, the same Rick Smith that can't draft anyone in the 3rd through 5th rounds, the same Rick Smith that thought Ed Reed/Ahman Green could be Pro Bowlers, the same Rick Smith thinks you can just coach anyone to be an offensive lineman, the same Rick Smith that extended players after season ending injuries?

18. Senator

Senator Member

Has a chance to surpass Morgan Ensberg's all time great season as an Astros 3B. A few more homers and it's his.

19. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Guilty. I did not think Bregman would be this good. I knew he’d be a good player, just didn’t know he’d be an mvp type guy. Glad Luhnow knew better.

20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Just curious what people think. I disagree with you btw.