1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking] 5 HPD Officers Shot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 28, 2019.

1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I don't know anyone who's innocent and watches tv with a gun by their side just in case something goes down. If the cops busted down the door and they were ready to lite them up most likely they were into something. Cops probably got a tip, cased the place for a while, and it fit the profile for a drug house.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While this is a valid point to consider, I'm not sure how many people you know who live in this type of neighborhood.

As stated, I drive through this neighborhood often, and every front door basically has an outer metal security door, and every window is barred. And I see at least one police car every time I cut through. Sometimes 4 or 5 around Ingrando Park.

I think this is the kind of neighborhood where having a gun handy might seem more like a reasonable precaution.

#43 Ottomaton, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Blurr#7 likes this.
  4. The Law

The Law Member

To each his own.

bobloblaw likes this.
  5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Bobby, I thought you were Libertarian. This is police state stuff. Libertarians are opposed to the police state.

Plus, yes, heroin is bad (so I hear) -- but it's also the essence of Libertarianism to allow people to make their own choices about what they consume, even if they are bad choices. It's not the government's job (or it shouldn't be) to protect us from ourselves.

I'm sorry for the police officers, but if they go bashing in people's doors police-state style, they should probably expect and be ready for bad things to happen.

Then there is whoever that police guy is saying, "we've got your number." This is pretty much police statism at its worst.

SWTsig, REEKO_HTOWN and Torn n Frayed like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Really? I'll bet you do. I know several people who have guns within grabbing distance when they watch TV, and I'm not talking about heroin dealers- MDs, PhDs, other professionals with incomes in the six-seven figure range. This is Texas.

B-Bob, Dankstronaut and Blurr#7 like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is the hangout thread so I don't want to go into it here, but I'll respond to you in the D&D thread.

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I think its time to end no knock raids. Turn off the power, water, internet, and wait them out. Surely the price to pay is less than what these officers are paying with the injuries.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

A large part of the problem with Policing in America is impatience
    To the Police (and alot of time) . . their time is more important than you life
    Why run after a suspect when you can just shoot them . .. it saves paper work too
    Why wait when you can go in guns blazing . . . . ..

Who has time for all that stuff

Rocket River

10. Buck Turgidson

I don't know anything about his time in Houston, but Art Acevedo always seemed to be a stand-up guy while he was Chief in Austin. He did a ton of radio interviews and was, to me, incredibly straightforward.

Sajan and Joe Joe like this.
  11. Agent94

Agent94 Member

This seems like a terrible way to make arrests. Why not wait until they leave the house and arrest them on the street. Instead you have 5 shot cops.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Arrest them for what? They don't have an Arrest Warrant; the judge only gave them a Search Warrant.

13. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Then wait for them to leave before entering the house. Follow them and arrest them when/if they find something.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

How about knocking first then you can do warning on loud radio speaker.

15. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

16. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

If this is true... geez.

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

18. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

B-Bob, Buck Turgidson and K mf G like this.
  19. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Stupid legal question.

Assuming there were fraud issues with the warrant, does the CI assume any criminal responsibility?

With the warrant, does being the guy with the name on warrant make him more responsible for represented facts than the other officers, like the one who supervised the CI buy if that turns out to be not 100% kosher? By putting your name to the warrant are you certifying that all facts in the warrant are true?

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Such an odd story here. Something isn't right at all about this. Kind of reminds me of that bizarre Goforth case that just faded away...