1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Lloyd's on the trade block: yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by vinsensual, Oct 13, 2011.

?

Brandon Lloyd?

1. Eh might as well.

99 vote(s)
    83.9%
  2. No more bronco inbreeding.

19 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19108351

Denver put brandon lloyd on the trading block, but want a fairly costly mid range pick for him. I don't know what he's expecting as far as contract goes since he expires at the end of the year. Some argue that he was a product of McDaniels' offense, but then why couldn't he flourish here under Gary as well? If Gary via the good ol boy network can swing it for a 5th rounder, why not?

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Give up a 2nd for brandon marshall. Its time to go for broke. This might be the best shot this team has of going to the playoffs and to the superbowl. NE has no D. Pit is old. Bal offense is inconsistent.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yes, we need to get something goddamnit. Need life on this team... need something to look forward to. Getting a damn good receiver like Lloyd or hell even Marshall would be nice.

4. justafriend

justafriend Member

I would love to see this guy in a Texans uniform...and don't like seeing the Titans as one of the rumored teams to get him. The frontrunner in the division would swing to the Titans or Texans if they land him.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lloyd, Taylor, DRC, sure, get 'em all!

6. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Putting either Floyd or Marshall on the other side of Andre would be just unfair LOL.

Similar to the Fitzgerald/Boldin combo, it would be unstoppable and a nightmare for opposing corners.

7. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

This is a make or break year for the whole regime. If I'm Rick smiths and I know Mcnair is gonna clean house if we don't make the playoffs, I have Xanders on the phone yesterday to make this deal.

You're getting a player in his prime that can be a #1 receiver if needed. Jacoby goes to the 3rd or 4th receiver and when Dre get's back along with Mason you have a damn good receciving group.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Brandon Marshall's rumored to be shopped around too? I'd much rather take him.

9. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

You mean this guy?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...sion-second-quarter-ejection-vs-new-york-jets

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yes, definitely bring this guy to Houston, he would be a nice WR addition.

11. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Please do it! Either one of them would help. Considering we were probably going to spend a 1st or 2nd rounder for a WR next year anyway, this might push that plan to the backburner for awhile.

Not sure what the contract status' for either are though. That may be a reason why they're on the block. Lloyd especially sounds like a 1 year rental, but like some of you have said, it's go for broke time :p

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I don't know what the going rate would be for a 30 year old WR that only has 2 good seasons under his belt, but something like 5M/year I guess? The lion's share of whatever they could offer him would come out of Jacoby's 3year/10M once he's cut.

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

At just under $1.4 mil, I would love to have him on the Texans. Just imagine Andre at #1, Lloyd at #2, Mason at #3, along with Owen and Arian, who is pretty good at catching the ball. I just wouldn't trade a flat out 3rd for him. Maybe a performance based conditional pick?

14. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Would love it if it were to happen but doubt it.

15. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

[​IMG]

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Seriously? This guy is pretty darn good.

DO IT!!!

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Every time I see that Rick Smith picture I feel bad for Anderson Silva.

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is exactly the type of move the Texans need to make.....one of a series concluding with at least one big acquisition to help fill some of the mammoth hole created by Mario's absence.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Brandon Lloyd would be an outstanding pickup for the Texans.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

They should kick the tires on Percy Harvin too. Im sure everybody not named Adrian Peterson is available for them.