1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Knight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He's back in December is what I remember reading. The sooner the better. Gordon's minutes need to be cut a bit till he's done allegedly breaking down over a trade rumor. Luckily EG is a good defender so it's not stopping the rest of the team from overcoming it. Still, I can see the team was exhausted late against the Pistons. When it went into OT, they didn't look like they had it in them to win it.

If Gordon is only useful on one side of the court, Brandon Knight can do a tiny bit of that too (he's a good shooter). Can give Harden or Paul a measly 4-5 minutes which would help keep them fresh. Realistically though, Knight is not going to be a major contributor. Just a better fit than MCW in terms of what he can and can't do.

Remlap likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am not counting on Brandon Knight. But honestly, right now the bench is so toothless.....if BK can hit a handful of 3's that is at least something.

That is what we are reduced to right now.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

People are acting like being out of pro basketball for a year is no big deal and are tapping their fingers waiting for Knight to get back and build our bench.

But they're the same ones that will be starting dozens of "Brandon Knight is GARBAGE, i've seen enough the numbers are clear fire MDA" threads when he has a rough first month. :cool:

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think everyone agrees that he is largely a bad player with low bball iq and highly questionable defense who will take a significant amount of time to shake off the rust.

He can shoot though, and if he can do that as a catch and shoot player he can give 5 minutes. A bad player can give 5-10 minutes if they're happy to have the 5 minutes. I've yet to see anyone acting like he's going to be a savior or possibly outplay Gordon/Harden/Paul. If they are, you're right those people are in for a rude awakening.

D-rock likes this.
  5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

When healthy, he can play. That said, being as thin as we are he needs to either come back and contribute as our backup PG (unlikely), be utilized as a combo guard to reduce GG’s minutes (also unlikely) or be flipped for someone that can contribute.

It might cost an asset to accomplish the latter, but he simply accounts for too much of our payroll to be complete dead weight. We can’t afford to squander that percentage of our payroll on a player that’s not in the rotation. It’s potential Ryno dejavu.

Remlap likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Meanwhile, OKC traded Melo for Denis Schoeder and he is contributing to their team.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I REALLY want to see what he got before trading him.
    I have been hearing about him for years but never seen him play

We still lament letting Livingston go too soon . .. . .
    and that ham headed dude kills us every year

Rocket River

Little Bit likes this.
  8. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Move eric Gordon to replace ennis and use Brandon as sixth man

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

getting closer guys....

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

At least kick the tires on the idea

Rocket River

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dun get close, just play!

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, Knight is still officially listed as "out." When they upgrade him to "doubtful" or "questionable" then we will have some good traction.

If BK isn't traded over the weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to get some burn next week. We'll see.

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

We need him to cut down the minutes on Chris Paul so he can be fresh for the playoffs. Yes, we will make the playoffs.