1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Bowl Games

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Dec 3, 2017.

1. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Ugh...Georgia vs. Alabama. It'll be like a slightly more watchable LSU vs. Bama title game from a few years back. Or, put another way, it'll be like watching two rocks get bashed together until one of them cracks and crumbles.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Clemson needs deshaun watson

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd say a big part of it is that, but when you give Nick Saban a lot of time to prepare and there's a chip on his shoulder you won't find many teams that are going to beat him.

4. Daddy Long Legs

Yeah, i wish ohio state wouldve gotten in. Seeing alabama year after year gets boring.

Only lost last year because deshaun went super saiyan

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Shows you how Special Deshaun Watson is.....

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'll never pull for Ohio State, but I agree, Bama's amazing dominance has become almost boring.....even for a Bama fan.

7. showa13

showa13 Member

Kelly Bryant has looked horrible tonight. Dude needs to spend all offseason working on his passing.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Watched him all season. He got exposed big time tonight, which was my main concern.

Take my word for it: Kelly Bryant doesn't have much upside from what he showed this season. His issues go way beyond accuracy. He's nothing more than a plug-in, system QB who can succeed when everything around him goes well. Hopefully Trevor Lawrence or Hunter Johnson win the job next year.

Clemson was a lot better than I expected when the year started. The defense was great but limitations at QB and WR were too much to overcome against Alabama.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

10. Daddy Long Legs

They are the golden state warriors of college football IMO. Just too much talent and great coaching

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  11. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

No but remember Ohio State was more deserving bc they won the big 10 (14)

12. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I have no complaints :)

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao Ming to Joe Chee

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Go Dogs! Anybody but Alabama. They are always the biggest hog at the trough. Really tired of them.

15. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I actually really like that UCF has decided to just do their own thing and act as if they actually won the national title. Most of it is superficial stuff, like the parade in their honor at Disney World, but it is pretty cool that they're going to pay Frost's assistants a national title bonus.

It frustrates me that the discussion around UCF is so binary.

Would they have won the national title if they had gotten into the playoff? Probably not. Under the current system, should they have been in the playoff with their resume? Probably not. In that way, I agree with those who say that the don't really have a gripe.

But I think if FBS is serious about having G5s be a part of their subdivision, they need to give them a realistic path to a playoff berth, and I think based on how they treated UCF in the rankings this season, we can all agree that these teams don't really have a realistic path. And I think that's what really bugs most of those who support UCF In this case, not so much that they absolutely HAD to be a part of this playoff.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

*Not related*

Shocker! North Dakota State wins it again.

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017

Are you serious?! Alabama of the FCS. You tellin' me they ain't a FBS(quality) team? Why don't they move up instead of beating up on little sisters of the poor every year?

17. jdh008

jdh008 Member

In terms of program consistency in the FCS, they're just on another planet. They could easily move up to FBS in terms of competition, but there's really not a ton for them to gain in doing so. They might make a little bit more TV money if they were in the MAC, but it's not the crazy money like in the P5 conferences. And they already sell out every game, and I'm assuming they're not hurting for local advertising dollars. In fact, if they end up being a 9-3, 8-4 team in the MAC year after year, they might actually lose some attendance because their fans are used to winning.

The blueprint for moving up is Appalachian State. They were almost as dominant in FCS about a decade ago, before moving up to FBS, and now they've become a consistent bowl team. But if that's the best case scenario for moving up, is it worth it?

J.R. likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

19. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Another boring game between SEC teams. I'm not surprised no one is commenting on it.

20. likestohypeguy

interesting comment:

He was wearing glasses, the guy who kicked the field goal.