1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bowl Games

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Dec 7, 2014.

1. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Congrats, lucky that went for you. I can't be too mad, because I did get very lucky with Mich State pulling the upset, and Tennessee helped me come back a little, but still haha. Two consecutive successful onside kicks, are you kidding?!? Lol, crazy game all around. Heard it was the biggest comeback in bowl history?

2. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

The degenerates are exposing themselves this year. LOL or SEC homers.

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Pitt -3 or 3.5 was the right play that just ended up flukey (like WKU vs CMU), which I didn't make only bc I don't like to bet against the teams I root for unless I feel extremely strong about it. o53 was also right imo, considering the 0 points scored in the 1st impacted a lot by the weather. After adjusting, I think the pace picked up considerably and UH helped hit the over even before the onside kicking began iirc. Betting UH to win after the 3rd would probably got you 15-1 odds or something sick like that.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you're going to the NFL and you aren't in the playoffs you should never play in a bowl game.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Top OL draft prospect Cedric Ogbuehi tore his ACL in the Liberty Bowl. Set to have surgery soon. Expected to be ready for training camp.</p>&mdash; Rand Getlin (@Rand_Getlin) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/554785596992786432">January 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Major

Major Member

No one seems to fear major injuries injuries that much anymore, and it doesn't seem to affect draft stock all that much (see Sam Bradford, or the NBA draft these last few years). If nothing else, now he has a reason to skip the combine and doesn't have to worry about a bad pro-day.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Then every prospect should just skip their pro-day, combine, testing, interviews, and just stay home and nap.

7. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Didn't Clowney fear a major injury his final year at South Carolina? Seems like I heard that somewhere.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He did. He should have quit the team, hired a trainer, a chef and personal coach instead of half assing it and catching flak for it. Either way it wouldn't have mattered, he was that good. The only difference is he risked injury.

9. Major

Major Member

If you do it without an excuse, then it's going to be looked at as a negative (hiding something, not fully committed, etc).

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm just being ridiculous. You telling me tearing an ACL is a positive is ridiculous, so I'll just swat the tennis ball back over to your side.

11. Major

Major Member

I'm not saying it's a positive. I'm saying it has a positive side effect. It's been shown over and over that these injuries are no longer devastating to people's draft stocks. It might hurt him a little, but not very much. A bad combine/pro-day can be devastating, though (just as a good one can cause you to shoot up the draft board).

12. Buck Turgidson

Hell, that should go in your sig. ;)