1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bowl Games

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Dec 7, 2014.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Sims was pitiful

2. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

i pray winston goes to tampa, do not want to see him on the titans

3. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

And luckilly that was his last game at Bama. Great person but not a great QB.

4. bigtexxx

Winston regressed in 2014

not a good sign

18 INTs...

5. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Ultimately, I'm with you on this one. It makes the most sense for Miller to move on. I would think OSU is ready to move forward with J.T. Barrett, and Miller is going to be able to more or less pick where he wants to play next year.

6. jdh008

jdh008 Member

No kidding. No one was stopping Derrick Henry last night, and yet, Lane Kiffin kept calling pass plays.

7. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

he also played with a bunch of freshman dropping his passes... winston anticipates throws extremely well, almost andrew luck/ big ben like.... these young recievers other than nick o'leary and rashad greene do no go to the spot where they are supposed to be... if you watch the game tape like most nfl scouts do, you will see that...

in the nfl that doesnt happen, the recievers are well aware of where they are supposed to be and rarely quit on routes unless they are terrible route runners.

8. bigtexxx

eh, maybe. Teams also had a year of film on him...

Winston will be a high pick in the NFL draft. I'm not 100% sold on him being an NFL great, however. Nor am I on Mariota.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Winston's lack of pocket awareness is a problem, and Mariota needs to learn how to play inside the pocket because he's used to buying time by scrambling for his guys to get open.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I thought Winston had pretty good pocket awareness. It's his ability to play mistake-free which is my concern with him. Either he has trouble reading defenses or he trusts his arm to fit balls into tight coverage too much. Either way he'll be an interception machine in the NFL if he can't change.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I thought he played pretty well. His receivers fumbled the ball or let the ball go through their hands. He is pretty much a pocket QB. He isn't all the fast. Maybe a good comparison for him is Big Ben.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Winston doesn't lack pocket awareness...

13. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I know I'm late, but I just wanted to gloat about how everything's coming up coogs!

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

If Cardale Jones is the main reason why OSU upsets Oregon in the title game, do you guys think Jones deserves to be QB1 over Barrett?

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He won't be the main reason they win. Ezekiel Elliot has been their MVP the last 2 games. If he doesn't have success against Oregon, OSU is done.

I imagine there would be a competition next spring that Barrett wins hands down. But you never know.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I doubt Winston actually comes out... I think it would be a huge mistake for him, he doesnt look like an NFL QB right now

18. Major

Major Member

Even if he's not the main reason, it would be hard to bench a guy that just beat the #1 and #2 teams in the nation. I would think he'd have a huge leg up on the job until he proves he doesn't deserve it. However good Barrett was, that team has played its best two games of the season in these last two.

19. Nerd Elvis

Nerd Elvis Member

My 2 cents.

I think Oregon is going to win the National Championship. Here is why:

Before the season started, Oregon lost WR starter Bralon Addison (local HS stud). During the season they lost starting TE (Brown). Their 2 All American linemen were out for multiple games during the season. And finally...they lost another starting WR on the first play of the playoff game (Devon Allen). In spite of all these injuries, Mariota held things together and showed how important he is to everything they do. He is not just the Heisman winner, but the most valuable player on any team this year. Florida state won 29 games in a row. That is a hard feat for anyone. Oregon scored 59 and they shut it down in the 4th quarter. That was the first time in 2 years that FSU's defense was so gased they basically just quit.

One stat to remember....if Oregon scores 30 or more points....they win...end of story...good nite. I can't imagine how good Oregon would be if they started getting top 10 recruiting classes every year.

Finally...the Pac12 is the best football conference this year. That helped Oregon improve as the season went along.

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Sorry for your loss (not really bc I'm a UH fan, but I do feel your pain of being on the right side of a game that goes flukey). On the other hand, o53.5 got me hooked with 39 points in the 4th quarter.