1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

boselli retiring

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jul 15, 2003.

1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

A question for Ric or whoever ...

when does Tony's contract officially come off the books and how much cap space would he free up, mas o menos?

I don't follow the NFL salary cap that closely.

2. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I was under the impression the cap hit is 3M next year, 3M the year after that - then it comes off.

3. dupong

dupong Member

Heard from Charlie Casserly on 610 this PM, they can take 3m this year and 3m next year OR they can take 6m this year and none next year. I guess it depends on how much over/under the cap they are after signing their draft picks or if they want to sign additional free agents out there.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

now we're getting somewhere. this is my biggest beef; in fact, if i weren't so gosh-darn busy, this would be the subject of my latest article for the site.

if the texans had any inkling whatsoever that he could possibly be damaged goods, they made a giant mistake while sending a gift to the jags. with that in mind, i think the fact they did take him proves they weren't blowing smoke up our asses -- they thought he'd legitimately be able to play again. 'cause had they not drafted him, 2 of the jags they drafted would've been cap victims, and they wasted their efforts...

which means... the texan doctors are somewhat to blame (for either not finding or fixing the problem) and now i'm worried about tony hollings...

(and there's the gist of my article -- damn!)

5. BALLhog 247 365

because we already lost 2 of our best offensive linemen signing somewhere else(posey and young)

6. BALLhog 247 365

and instead of having posey, young, and boselli as our offensive line starters next year, we will have none of them. boselli would have helped especially with these twos departure

7. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Are you talking about Jeff Posey? He plays defense.

#47 BmwM3, Jul 17, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2003
  8. BALLhog 247 365

my bad...but still ryan young is gone and no significant additions have been made to bolster out offensive line yet

9. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Ryan Young isn't really all that good anyways. Hopefully the Texans will end up with a decent offensive line.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

About Ryan Young....He missed half the season due to injury. The other half, he wasnt the dominator I thought he would be. To put it simply, if the Texans thought he was that much of an asset, they would have kept him.

He was a one year rental. He moves forward with his career. We move forward with our team. We dont lose anything in the process. In other words, losing Young really doesnt affect the offensive line for next year. He is replaceable.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member