1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie Cousins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Sep 23, 2017.

1. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

He would be our anti Draymond.

BigShasta, Pen15clubber and DonKnock like this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I think Ryan Anderson and some filler picks would probably get it done.

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Yep it’s a guards league and the NOP have garbage at 1, 2, and 3. You can’t win in today’s NBA if your best players are bigs.

I’d love to know if Morey would be willing to trade Capela for Cousins. And no I don’t think that’s a no brainer.

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't surprise me at this point! Presti either has connections to the mob or has signed his soul to the devil. It is just insane what he has done!

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  5. rocketseagles07

Yea it's clearly a wing league when the two best bigs on the same team can't get you wins. I don't think it's a no brained, Boogie makes our p&r less deadly and he's not a good defender(he can be when he wants to be though). I think Morey would

kevtse likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i would rather pass on him from fit and efficiency perspective...but i guess its a huge marketing move to form your own Big 3

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Latter.

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Pellies aren't going to trade Cousins before deadline unless it's clear they are headed for the lottery. They will probably be 8th seed this season with their mediocre guards but maybe signing Jameer will help them out.

They are going all in for the 8th seed right now. It's kind of comical tbh.

Personally, I think Boogie would dominate on this team. His defense and shot-blocking is under-rated. He can also give you points down low when your 3s aren't falling in the playoffs (which we know happens). No center in the league can stop him in the paint, only Boogie can stop himself.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Did you see Tucker on the play yesterday where he took down the rebound, ran it up the court, made a pass to Ariza, bucket. Just behind him on that play was Harden who traditionally yelled for the ball. He might have but Tucker is strong willed and confident. Love having him on this team. I'm sure you caught plenty of that in Phoenix.

Put em' in the Tuck Wagon!

D-rock, Hakeemtheking and Codman like this.
  10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I completely agree. He has great skills that are on the decline, but I have never cared for him personally. He takes himself way too seriously.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

we could use another high level scorer, I’m just saying...too many guys on this team need to have almost all of their looks created for them

Boogie’s averaging 28, 12, and 5 assists with a 58% TS% so far on the season

12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Boogie would've grabbed Chalmers punk a$s and wrung him like a wet towel!

Mazulis, Reeko and J.R. like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think we basically lack pure talent in the front court if you ask me (that's also why i would've like to get Millsap), other top teams have at least one player at the 4 or 5 who's able to make something happen by himself, we have non, it's literally all on our guards.

DonKnock, arabrocket and Reeko like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I completely agree

a guy I had on my radar was Tobias Harris, but he’s playing really well and I’m not sure what Detroit would demand for him or if they’d even want to trade him

DonKnock and arabrocket like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Good question, Detroit was apparently trying hard to shake up the roster this summer and they ended up doing pretty much nothing lol, they traded Morris for Bradley but Jackson is still there, Stanley is playing like ****, Drummond seems like he's making his fts finally but still plays like an idiot, Tobias is probably their best player all things considered, but who knows what the **** they're trying to do with that team...

DonKnock likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol yeah, they seem to have no real plan

I’m trying to figure what we could give them while making Ego and Capela off limits. We really don’t have much. I would include Ariza in a potential deal, but he’s CP3’s closest friend on the team so that complicates things.

I really like this lineup tho

CP3
    Harden
    Tucker
    Tobias
    Capela

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, you would've to hope they'd want to take Ryan (which is possible though) with some fillers, Stan was a D.Mo fan, maybe he likes Hartensteint too lol

18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Ive been calling for a Ryno/Harris swap since Ryno was signed. Needs to happen.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

So who on earth could the Rockets be looking at that could take us over the top? In all honesty which players are not tradeable besides Cp3, Harden, Bobby, Ariza, and eric Gordon? We need someone soon especially in the west. Sleep on teams for a week and you could slip to 9th seed.
    Stan van gundy is trying to recreate his Orlando Magic but it is obviously not even close to working and that era of basketball is just gone.

20. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I’ve done extensive Rockets 2k sims with Melo, Bron, Boogie and As Is.

The team with Boogie does significantly the best. Fwiw. Which is nothing.