1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boneyard Dog Park

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CourtOfDreams, Feb 2, 2012.

1. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Didn't know if any fellow cf members went here. If you haven't been its a pretty sweet place, Houston's first dogpark/icehouse.
    Have a good happy hour everyday with cheap beer, and a lot of craft brews.
    Maybe we can set up a cf meet and greet sometime.

http://www.boneyardhouston.com/

Also if anyone knows of any other cool dog parks around IL area that we be cool, I got my 4 month old puppy and trying to find new places to take her.

1 person likes this.
  2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Can't see my dogs being as happy there as they are at Congressman Bill Archer park. (size....ponds....and GRASS)

1 person likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Cool concept.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not single and don't live in Houston. But if both were the opposite, this is probably a good place to go meet women. Moreso if you are actually a dog person. You'd be meeting girls with two shared interests immediately - dogs and drinking.

And striking up a conversation with another dog owner is the easiest thing in the world.

That said, probably a higher than average % of lesbians, too... not that there's anything wrong with that.

5. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

i

I have a long time gf but yes, lots of girls and very easy to get into a conversation.

6. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Will def. Check that place out. Thx

7. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Not a dog owner, but I know plenty of girls that are. I can confirm that women love that place.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My dog didn't live long enough to see that place, but its awesome. I've been with a friend and his dogs. Really, really cool place.

Tons of chicks. TONS. And SUPER easy to talk to. And the best part is you weed out all the cat owners.

They get food trucks regularly. Pretty nice.

Good beer selection.

Tons of goozers. Tons.

Genius idea. Pissed I didn't think of it.

1 person likes this.
  9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:rolleyes: That is a STUPID idea.

"Hey, Max! Come on, boy! Get in the car...! I am going to get drunk and you can't drink anything or bone any b****! Here, boy!"

SRSLY, GUISE, why subject your dog to drunkards? Go to a place where there are families... like:
    I agree with you, sir, on all counts. I love that park and my dog MAX loves it, too. He can outrun ANY dog in there and he's not even a greyhound... he's a beagle/mutt mix. :grin:

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Repped for this alone.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Reading the thread title, I mistakenly assumed this was El Hitman's next business venture...

12. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

him and his b****es....

13. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

14. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

I think that would be a honeybadger park though...

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Never been there before and I live about 1 mile from that place. I can walk my dog there. I'm in if you want to meet up. Not a chick; no homo.

So, since I've moved back into Htown (for now), I've found some decent places. IL means Inner Loop right?

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q...rk,+Houston,+TX&hl=en&cid=1090648695259280050
    That's not gated but slopped down a hill and far from traffic...safe unless your dog is completely out of control and runs the length of a football field away from you. I park at Spotts Park and do a nice long walk over the pedestrian bridge over Allen Pkwy, check out the downtown skyline, hit the buffalo bayou park, let him play with the other dogs, then walk back around the Waugh bridge to my car.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=webster+dog+park,+Houston,+TX&hl=en&cid=4011960998110058688
    Small, but lots of dogs...mainly for the residents in the area (I was thinking of moving here before settling on Wash. Ave). Great view of downtown in the back.

Spotts+Buffalo combo is my 1 seed, trying to find some decent alternatives that can pull the upset on occasion.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

That's pretty cool. I usually just bring my dog and a cooler to a lake.

17. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I don't know about Houston's first dog park/icehouse... Shady Tavern is down the street from me and they have a fenced in dog area and serve beer.

18. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

My classmates and I used to go there but a lot of them complained that the ground was too rough for their dogs feet/pads.

19. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

20. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Thanks! Taking this guy Saturday.

[​IMG]