1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bob McNair: We’re working on getting a quarterback

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rawbrah, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

46 TDs, 51 INTS

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The following QBs have a career QB rating higher than Vince Young:

Matt Schaub
    David Carr
    Brian Hoyer
    TJ Yates
    Brandon Weeden
    Case Keenum

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

All these qbs have something else in common too they are all backup qbs that were given the chance to start in Houston because the Texans organization cares that much about getting to the super bowl and winning it. Texans don't take the big risk keep drafting boy scouts and play JJ until he totally breaks down. Trashing Vince Young is not changing that. This franchise picked David Carr, then picked Matt Schaub and now has picked Brian Hoyer. That's ridiculous. I'm glad Foster was hurt because that exposed Hoyer the way he needed to early otherwise that would have good ol boy'd him here another 2 to 3 years.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, they aren't all backup QB's, David Carr was a draft bust just like (and slightly better than) your boy Vince Young.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Bridgewater is better than any qb the Texans franchise has ever had and surprisingly he plays safe as F. That actually fits the mindset of this franchise to some degree. Next year if we don't address the qb issue Bridgewater will embarrass the Texans next year and when it happens this post right here will proven correct. Bridgewater made a clutch pass to Kyle Rudolph which set up the Vikings to win granted the kicker missed because the holder held the ball down wrong regarding to the laces. Bridgewater future is bright unlike Vince's. I know this may sound foreign to you but Vince and Teddy are two very different qbs.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

David Carr was a backup? Wasn't aware.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course Vince and Teddy are very different QB's, but I know what your interest in the two is and you should be ashamed of yourself for it.

Anyway, even if you wildly overrate Teddy Bridgewater, he's nowhere near what Schaub was at his peak so....you might want to re-think your life.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

So this franchise is an embrassment? Are you a fan of this embaraassment?

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

David Carr the conclusion of him as an in nfl player is a backup qb. The conclusion of Vince Young in the NFL was he wasn't able to digest any nfl playbook he just wanted to play free for all grassroots football and he was immature as a man. Both at best are backups nobody arguing that fact.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I live in Houston and I want all Houston teams to win. So it ticks me off the continually see the Texans do the stupid things they do over and over. I have a pessimistic attitude towards this franchise even though I root for them to win. The organization is just not ran right to win a superbowl or get there. Once again no one can argue that fact granted this city has never got there.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Just because you live in the city, doesn't mean you have to be a fan. You really don't. It'd probably be a good thing for you.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No Schaub was always trash he numbers came through in games we were down big or in games against weak oppenents. Matt Schaub was great were he started and should have stayed a backup qb. Bridgewater is coming in as a starter and will continue to improve.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, that's just ridiculous....but not terribly unexpected given your other opinions.

The "conclusion" of Vince Young was that he was a college football player that had no business being in the NFL as a QB. Carr was eventually a backup because he did belong in the league, just not starting.

14. Nook

Nook Member

#1 The failure of Vince Young falls squarely on no one but Vince Young. He went from being a very hard worker in high school and college, to being an extremely lazy, unbalanced, unfocused cancer. It isn't coincidence that Young did well in the NFL when he actually put the work in and did the film sessions. When he didn't and disrespected his coaches and teammates, he failed. Everyone around Young wanted him to do well, but they cannot make him work hard.

#2 Bridgewater works hard, is smart, does everything right.... but he is captain check down. He has shown ZERO inclination or ability to move the ball down the field and stretch the defense. That type of weakness leads to a performance somewhere between Matt Leinart and Alex Smith.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

So you think the Texans should draft a few players with criminal records and bench JJ Watt. Got it.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Be smart on your own account and show up to games and continue to see what you saw this past Saturday. Yeah keep drafting friends of the family and screw drafting players that have more to play for with the talent or players that have a edge that may be foreign to a a good kid raised in a great privileged suburban area. Go ahead stay on the same path and with hope one day you might get lucky never know. Lol

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

After all that Bridgewater is still better than any qb the Texans franchise has seen in a texans uniform. That's my point. Bridgewater is just going into his third year but I don't expect him to get the same length of time most texans fans would give the trash qbs they've had or have to prove themselves. Bridgewater will do nothing but improve that's my prediction and we will see what happens in the future. You know what it's not even about a specific player I'm just waiting on this organization to take a bigger risk and go after a big time prospect at qb or even a qb that has had success in the nfl playoffs past the wildcard game. This franchise needs a leadership on the field from a qb not Watt or Wilfork. Tired of seeing guys bust their butt with blood,sweat and tears to end up having their qb straight choke repeatedly over and over. It's ridiculous.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

I look at the Vikings team and there is a player on their offense I would like on the Texans. His name, however, is not Brdigewater :)

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Vince could play in this league he just didn't do what it took to play effectively after the first few years. Vince was in the playoffs his rookie year and played decent throughout that season. He even beat the Texans right here in front of all the fans. To say he didn't belong is just hating. And all that doesn't change Houston Texans past and current state which ends up being embarrassing as I've said.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Of course it's not. Hell I wouldn't mine if Brady was our qb. Peterson would be nice but giving him all the credit for winning a division with green bay in it is not all the way right either. They do have a great D too but ironically Bridgewater wouldn't get the same pass Schaub was getting here for years being called a great qb but not surprised by that either. Bride water has something none of the current qbs in Houston has though... a great future to do greater things. Our guy will go back out there and just throw more ints. Sad Andrew Luck will be back too.