1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blow it up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Dec 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'm not prone to making irrational statements. I'm not even mad right now.

The evidence from the court proves that this team doesn't have it. The talent is there, but there's no heart for the game. It's like everyone got paid and now no- one cares.

It's time to move in a different direction. No point in prolonging the inevitable. No point in making a short term move that won't change the character of this team.

The good news is we've got multiple vets with value, and lots of young guys to start the rebuild over. We might even be a very good team next year.

But this team is done, and it's time to sell.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Any distressed assets we can trade our distressed assets for?

3. bmd

bmd Member

Yeah, this sucks.

Morey built this team to contend for several years. And they were a WCF team last season.

And now it seems blowing it up might be the only option. This era is over seemingly before it began.

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

You don't have to blow up the whole roster. Just trading Dwight alone will shake things up a lot. Because of Dwight's contract though, it will be an X for 1 deal probably so we'll have to ship others in deals to stay under the roster limit

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No move outside of a Harden trade (not happening) would surprise me. The Rockets are a cautionary tale of expectations, effort, and chemistry...

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

So you trade Howard and then what...

You guys seriously think things are going to change???

You think the D will automatically get better?

You think Harden will play defense??

You thing Harden will play team ball on offense and now he will pass the ball?

I have no problem with trading Howard, but please be realistic and understand that things will not change...

They didn't change when McHale was fired, so what makes everyone think that things will change when some players are traded...

T_Man

7. TheresTheDagger

Players to try and keep.

Harden
    Ariza
    DMo
    Thorton
    Harrell
    Capella

Maybe...Beverley

The rest are expendable.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

How long are you going to wait MOORIES!

[​IMG]

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

You've got to start with moving Howard. Then Ariza. And lastly, if anyone will give us value for him, Lawson.

Someone will pay us well for Howard. Boston, Miami, Indiana, Washington, Portland,
    Orlando, Mikwaukee, and Denver could all change their fortunes this season by trading for Dwight, and all have prospects we would want. Of course you need Dwight's blessing, but I don't think that will be hard to get if the Rockets are this bad. Orlando is really interesting, as it could provide him some reconciliation, and he would be returning to a better team.

10. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

the irony is this is the year Morey decided --by and large--to stay put and avoid any major roster changes in the interest of growing team chemistry. He was largely criticized in previous seasons for treating his players like 'assets' and not enabling them to grow as a unit. He added Lawson and everyone hailed it as a genius move that would keep the Rockets elite and challenge for the NBA championship. And yet...the season is a jumbled mess. Not sure why what or how. Sucks.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Listen/take calls on on everyone. Yes, James Harden included.

But we need a 3&D PG next to him! (James is the PG, don't fool yourself)
    And we need 3&D SF next to him!
    And we need a good center to help cover for when the guards blow by the perimeter guys!
    And Harden has to have the ball in his hands majority of the time! Can't play off the ball or screen or cut or do anything else.
    And needs this!
    And needs that!

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Let's blow it up and let Morey rebuild this same team in the feature. Repeat

13. ibm

ibm Member

dont forget we need thibs, too. or coach k.
    'cause they're the only ones harden will listen to.

:p

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha, sadly yes, that too.

Needs Team USA basketball to stay in shape.
    Needs Team USA coach or else doesn't care.

:rolleyes:

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I love Ariza, he's a winner and a great 3 and D player but he's too old. This team needs to be stripped down and rebuilded around Harden.

Harden is 26, let's assume he has at least 4 seasons left of prime, in 4 seasons Ariza will be 34 and in his 15th season. We need to build a core who will still be in their prime in 4 seasons.

Players I want to keep - Harden, Capela, Motie, players I don't mind keeping Beverley, Harrell, Dekker, Thornton and Terry.

Terry and Thornton are vet min players with little to no value, no point in trading them. Rookies are rookies, keep them if we can but if they bring back value let them go. Bev is only 27, is a good fit next to Harden, 3&D player on a fair contract, low turnover player as well.

Everybody else, I want gone.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lulz.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah finding fits for Harden is very hard esp for PG (3+D who also has the ability to playmake and play off the ball) and 3+D wing able to guard multiple positions and defensive C.
    I don't know if we should blow it up or not but there are few of our vets that have actual value. Ariza does, Howard does (but much more limited than a year ago) and that's it. All the other vets can't bring anything good back esp picks or young players.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Still think we should get rid of Harden, he only plays his way and it will always result in the same system and outlook. Trading anyone but Harden will result in the same crap we're watching now, guy is a cancer and not made for modern team basketball.

20. Mattician

Mattician Member

I'm all for it.

Try to keep a handful of players. Capela, Harden, Motiejunas are a nice core.

I really wouldn't be upset if anyone else got traded.