1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers Vs. Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BlazerGal, Aug 21, 2001.

1. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

And also, just so we don't forget the reason the Rockets are better then the Trailblazers, that slimy creep Snotty Peepee plays on your team. Yellow Dog ! An elephant never forgets.
    Charles, please rejoin the NBA for one game, and role SP with a power stuff.

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I think High Plains makes some good points, but I think if you do do a 'top three' comparison, it makes for a close race.

I think Mobley is better than Wells, but Wells has good game. He's a good inside player for a guard and can be the type of guy who is 'in-the-right-place-at-the-right-time'. Anderson, on the other hand, reminds me of what our old Anderson was in Utah - a slasher, runner: very athletic player.

But when you compare:
    Francis-Mobley-Griffin

Sheed-Wells-Anderson

I can see siding with us. Wallace is clearly one of the best PFs in the league. I believe Francis will be one of the best PGs in the league...BUT, personally I consider it a serious disadvantage when you don't even know if your star player can stay under control long enough to remain in the game. He does you no good in the locker room. Francis has the upper hand there.

Mobley-Griffin is tough, because we don't yet know what Griffin will end up giving us. But I love his potential. And while Wells/Anderson are solid players, Mobley has two serious advantages over them: I don't think I'd pick either of them over Cuttino when it comes to taking a clutch shot or creating something on a key possesion.

Overall it's a close fight. The biggest Factor of all? Portland's mental game. And sorry, High Plains..we all know what the odds look like there. :D

3. The High Plains Drifter

I agree that Mobley is better right now - his offensive game is superior especially from the perimeter and this is accentuated because the Rockets have maybe the most guard-friendly offense in the league (it seems). But I think Wells has the ability over the next few seasons to be better (when you factor in strength, size, defensive potential, uncanny knack for scoring around the basket), he really just started coming into his own last year with increased role where Mobley has had a big role for the past few seasons, and his jumper seems to be getting better and better. But really they have very different skills - Mobley & DA are much more easy to compare.

As far as the Wallace issue goes, it's pretty obvious that his attitude has gotten out of hand, although it was never such a huge issue before the last 2 seasons and especially last season. But Think how poorly some people view Whitsitt for trading Grant and O'Neal for various reasons. Now imagine the backlash he would receive if Rasheed was traded elsewhere, cleaned up his act a little, and became an MVP candidate like everyone knows he could become. Talk about a disaster. I think trading him would be a last resort, and I don't think it's gotten to that point yet. But this year will be critical...