1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers Front Office: Drama without the Baby-Mama

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...f/2010/06/dumping_kevin_pritchard_will_b.html

Pritch is staying on for the draft, so short term there isn't too much impact... but when it comes to FA, and especially long-term direction of the team, it should be interesting to see.

I wonder if there will be players dumped at somewhat of a discount because they were "Pritch guys" (for ex. Oden), and if so, the Rocket should explore these opportunities.

One thing you have to really give credit to Les Alexander for is that he doesn't get publicly jealous of his employees. They are doing a good job, they get written about on NYT, you never really hear Les talking.

#1 Carl Herrera, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  2. k-money

k-money Member

they stole in morey we trust! curse those blazer fans for copying us!

3. University Blue

Prickchard sounds like an obnoxious, ego-maniac, kiss-ass sycophant at one of my client sites -- he bounces late into meetings; announces the glory of his work; frustration with company "politics;" name-drops; leaves meetings early "for other important meetings."

This company laid off a few thousand folks last year; and as many corporate folks dislike this guy, I am surprised he survived the RIF.

/ rant

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The key phrase: It's this: Nobody of quality is going to take the job.
    If correct, the Blazers are going to suffer for letting him go. Instead of allowing KP to get so out of hand, the Blazers should have sat him down sooner. It's silly they are making him twist in the wind like this. It doesn't speak well for their organization.

I still think there is a chance he stays on.

5. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I heard Danny Ferry is looking for a job. :)

6. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Morey:
    [​IMG]

Pritchard:
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We'll see what happens. As a Rockets fan you certainly hope the another has trouble hiring a quality GM, but this pronouncement does have the ring of "The treatment of McGrady will not go innoticed by other hi-kwality assletes!"

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Pritchard's "guys" goes beyond Oden--it includes Roy, Aldridge, Fernandez and Batum. If the front office wants to ship anyone out, it'll be the free agents he signed which would be Camby and Miller and even those players, it seems, aren't going to be leave anytime soon.

If Allen and his minions are/were truly jealous of Pritchard's popularity, then I wish Pritchard the best after he leaves Portland despite my dislike for him. After all, if Allen and Co. are that jealous, they can simply go back to their JailBlazers brand of basketball.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I highly doubt jealousy is a motivating factor here. Paul Allen has had high performers in companies he has owned before. Do you think he's where he's at because he fires high-performers?