1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blaming the Refs is the lazy way of avoiding the truth

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 22, 2019.

?

What is our problem?

1. Defense

51 vote(s)
    39.2%
  2. coaching

28 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. personel

25 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. ownership

21 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. general manager

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. RCPM

RCPM Member

Harden's prospective carries more weight than yours.

fckbandwagons and Mr. Space City like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is all word-twisting shenanigans.

Scott Foster clearly has a vendetta. Doesn't mean you can dismiss it as "conspiracy".

The Rockets played like trash. Doesn't mean you can dismiss the ref effect.

This is simpleton caveman tribalism. "Think complex make brain hurt. Make fun of other cavemen more fun."

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

funny how the two leaders of the actual team are the ones speaking.

yet a random person on a team board is the one that's supposed to hold a higher merit?

/shut up

fckbandwagons and Mr. Space City like this.
  4. tc0330

tc0330 Member

what pisses me off is when people act like theres not a ref problem when the $hit is blatant.

its like your either stupid, blind or just tryna stir $hit up.

Denovo and Mr. Space City like this.
  5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I don't know if he was blaming the refs so much as defending CP3.

6. dmoneybangbang

Idk.... regardless of ones opinion of McHale, he had the same issue.

Harden is the issue, as great as he is.

7. dmoneybangbang

The refs don’t make us consistently blow large leads.

J Sizzle likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

how did you translate "For sure, it's personal. For sure. I don't think he should be able to even officiate our games anymore, honestly." to defending cp3

9. rgw20014life

rgw20014life Member

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

OP's statement isnt pure

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I saw around 28 FTs for Lakers and around 14 FTs for Rockets. That is the difference for the game. We can make all the excuses, but sometimes wanting more than the other team makes a difference. Lebron wanted this game, remember he got on Kuzma during a timeout, it shows he wants it now. We have to want it, start driving the ball to the basket and be more fiery. Laker is more fiery in this game another reason they won, we didn't.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is the hard truth that the Rockets give up leads way too easily. That is another truth as well.

They shoot 3s unconsciously much.

A benign coach who runs his starters to the ground, and who does not do timely TO more often than not.

An owner who is living the double standard.

Scott Foster is a bich though.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...maybe? Maybe Harden goes against his coaching and his teammates and just goes rogue ISO every game.

But that's not what it looks like. None of his teammates are acting like he's going against the game plan. They just sit there and look to pass him the ball to ISO. D'Antoni doesn't call any timeouts to reset the offense. Hell...D'Antoni says in interviews that this is the gameplan.

That's what it seems like. Could be wrong, but no evidence to show any real coaching is being done other than "Harden please save us". It's what got McHale fired and I would not be surprised if D'Antoni goes the same way down the line.

14. tc0330

tc0330 Member

im talking about last night's game and last year's game 7

15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Not sure how to answer your question...that whole statement, to me, was in defense of CP3. Not that he didn't mean what he said as well...but that he said it not to blame the refs for the loss, but to defend CP3's technical and reaction.

16. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

As others have said both the Rockets playing awful and Scott Foster influencing the game can occur at the exact same time.

It’s not a lazy narrative to state that both are existing. The Rockets have issues holding on to leads and that needs to be fixed. Period.

However Foster has multiple times abused his power officiating games. When you have the actual team vocally expressing their frustration at the officiating it’s an issue.

That why this is such a ridiculous situation. The Rockets could have lost the game themselves, especially this season. Having a ref contribute in that isn’t necessary, yet Foster has done it time and time again.

17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Totally with you, @tinman. The game depressed me. This outburst, even more. Never mind whatever marginal difference one ref may have made. If we were as good as we should be, this game shouldn't have been close. And the fact that our star player is b****ing about the refereeing after such a loss tells me that our guys are losing faith in their ability to control their own destiny.

Nut up, gentlemen.

IvanLCPM and BigDog63 like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

such an odd post

19. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

FWIW....I became a Rocket's fan many many years ago, while living in Seattle. The Rockets and Sonics had several epic battles in the playoffs, and even as a Sonics fan then I thought the bias against the Rockets from the officials was pretty obvious. You know its pretty bad when opposing fans think it is. This has come and gone over the years, but I mention this to indicate that there are certainly some valid reasons to think there is a conspiracy...and that those reasons go a long way back.

Who do you think the NBA preferred to see win that game?

That said, is blaming the refs helpful? No, it isn't. Mentioning it in attempts to call attention to it and get it changed, yes.

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

How so? You asked a question, I answered it. What's 'odd' about that?