1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

blame blame with 9:02 in 2nd Q but

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 25, 2001.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

missing the rebound on the 2nd missed FT in overtime is a little bit more accurate on the reason for why I feel soooooo bad coming back through the completely demoralized crowd in the Summit parking lot.

KT against Ratliff...

OK, let's blame the offense though. A little bit of imagination would say, why didn't Rudy put Hakeem in to rebound those FTs.

Clutch...this is just rabid fan to rabid fan...I know it killed you as much as us live fans....but don't give us a thread about 9:02 in the 2nd, when we come home so hoarse we never heard those boos you claim because we cheered so loud.

what a bummer reading lame ass this and that when we simply missed a goddaammmmm FT rebound to lose the game.

this game hurt soooooo bad....sooooo bad! the missed FT rebound was devastating.

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

If Hakeem had been in, the Rockets would have held on in regulation.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

3. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

I smashed my televesion with my foot when that happen. I dont feel very good right now. These squeakers hurt more! SOB!

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited January 24, 2001).]

4. heypartner

I wish I had a television set to smash. Maybe next time I'll take one with me to the game.

I almost smashed jamcracker's computer when I read the lame thread's about Cuttino being the cause.

Uh...the is the second overtime in a row we failed to get a defensive rebound.

No freaking defensive rebounds in OT, twice in a freaking row. What game are you watching if you blame Cuttino for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

The only thing more devastating than watching that poorly executed game by my (heart and soul) Rockets, is reading miss-directed blame being focused on any particuular player or situation in that game.

They had umpteen million opportunities presented and squandered.

That being said, I am with HP on this. The rebounds, or that is .... lack of rebounds and blocking out in the paint, was absolutely fundamental to our loss. Throughout the whole game. Damn! Over a hundred rebounds! In a %%^&43$@ Single Game!!!!

The lackluster defense was absolutely demoralizing.

The fans were righteous and supportive. If it wasn't for them proping-up the moments some people may have come away with a homicidal bent!

Got your back HP.

------------------

6. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Holy cow! OP is alive. Nice to hear from you.

------------------

7. heypartner

oeilpere, sometimes i'm sitting in my seats in pain taking solace in the fact I know you are in the building sharing that pain.

"licking your wounds" hehe.

8. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

HeyPee, I'm surprised at you. You say a single play was the reason we lost? I don't care what the play was, no game is won or lost on a single play.

Cat surely has to share the blame for the loss. So does Francis, KT, Mo, Shandon and Rudy.

My goat of preference is Rudy. He was quoted as saying Hakeem "had a tremendous game". Now I'm not as all-knowing as The Cat, but if someone is having a tremendous game and is a major defensive force inside, why do you replace him with someone like KT?
    The Cat had some lame excuses as to why this was the correct thing to do, but this is how Rudy has substituted all year. Rudy keeps saying that defense wins games, but he doesn't put his money where his mouth is.

Also, look at the minutes racked up in two back to back games by Mo, Francis, Cat, with the first being in mile-high Denver. We got good scoring from Mooch in Denver, and he played very little in the second half last night. Our big 3 may be young, but I don't think they are supermen.

I'm afraid bench contributions are going to be quite erratic from now on.

------------------

9. heypartner

Moe, you can be "disappointed" in me the day after, if I blame a single play. But spare me when I come home from the Summit and am challenging other threads that are playing the simpleton blame game.

Alright, I won't do the tit-for-tat game when I want to smash something anymore. I'll try to be a little bit more creative with my low-post elbowing. I'll try to stay out of the low post, ok?

actually though, I don't recall blaming the rebound. I called it devastating to watch. There is a difference.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited January 25, 2001).]