1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black professor sucker punches white woman in face over debate about race

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 11, 2009.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

two of the links you posted state that the woman who called the cops told officer crowley that it was 2 black men.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

HEY!

I go there.

And there are no black people in colorado.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chauncy Billips disagrees.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You were the one who brought up Public Intoxication. I agree police do use that as an excuse to arrest people its not he same as disorderly conduct and certainly in a case where an officer arrested someone for mouthing off and cited intoxication that charge would be dropped if there was no proof of intoxication.

We were discussing the Gates situation in general so bringing up Public Intoxication is tangential at best unless you can show that that was a factor in Dr. Gates' arrest. You can't just say well cops arrest people for all sorts of reasons to support the idea that Gates' arrest was valid. I
    Yes and I agree people get arrested if they get physical with a meter reader but just complaining about your ticket generally doesn't get arrested. If it was we would have a lot of more full jails. I don't think a reality show is the best standard of proof.

Anyway if we are talking about common sense how often do you see someone complaining about a ticket and getting arrested? I suspect outside of a reality show probably very little.

I know this is anecdotal but I've complained twice about tickets, and have never been arrested. Although I didn't cite racism.

#384 rocketsjudoka, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  5. ProjectRockets

Basic reading comprehension and logic is not your strong suite is it?

Look, that is what Crowley put in his police report, not what the woman said. We know police officers never lie. The woman denied ever talking to Crowley. And most importantly, her taped call into the police did not mention "black" men at all. So why does Crowley's report differ from her claims and taped 911 call?

But good for you for ignoring this and giving Crowley your full trust. Good for you for believing that the woman lied about talking to Crowley and that the 911 recorded call was fabricated. You're a champ.

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

whatever you say slick. you seem to be the one having a hard time w/ keeping your story straight. you initially said this...

if you followed your own advice about reading comprehension you would remember that the woman said in the call that it was a hispanic man and she couldnt tell the other. so your above comment is wrong.

crowley put in his police report that when he got there the woman told him she saw 2 black men w/ backpacks. the woman denies making those comments. as they were the only 2 people there what we have is a case of she-said-he-said. its possible that the cop fabricated his report, but its also possible that the woman doesnt want to be cast as a racist so she is now (thru her lawyer) denying the comments.

im not a fan of cops by any means, but by all accounts crowley is a stand-up officer. if there were other examples of him engaging in racial profiling or making racist comments it would definitely cast doubt on him. but i see no evidence to indicate this guy would lie or engage in racial profiling. furthermore, doesnt he do training on racial profiling?

the issue that got your panties in a wad in the first place was me questioning where the racial profiling was - so where was it? forget the woman and whether or not she told crowley it was two black guys - the facts are that someone reported a breakin and the cop went to check it out - he knocked on the door and gates answered - what does skin color have to do w/ it - he was checking on a house where a break-in was reported - for all the cop knew gates was the robber and was holding the family hostage - he would not have been doing his due diligence if he didnt ask for id from gates to ensure he was who he said he was - that is when gates freaked out and made it into a race issue. up until then it was not an issue of race - it was a cop trying to do his job.

how easy would all this have been if gates hadnt tripped out on the guy - just show him your id to prove that its your place - as someone who has been robbed at gunpoint in my own house i would probably thank the cop for coming out and checking. but gates flipped out on him and immediately played the race card - and what kind of harvard professor would say something as childish as 'your moma'?

i could just as easily say "good for your for believing that the cop lied about the woman telling him she saw 2 black men w/ backpacks". why do you believe the woman and her lawyer, but not the cop? and again, if you followed your own advice about reading comprehension you would know that i never said the 911 recorded call was fabricated.

im not sure why you are so hung up on name calling and attempts at condescension though - i just asked a question.

perhaps you should give this a try...
    [​IMG]