1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Paxton RIP

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, well now I'm out of ideas.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

One of my all time favorite actors . . .. he was the consumate professional character actor
    He was great in the underrated BIG LOVE

So many great roles

Rocket River

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Wow that's terrible. Great actor.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Terrible news. I think most people knew he was a quality actor but he was probably still a bit underrated.

Gotta watch an episode of Big Love tonight, maybe Twister and True Lies.
    May he RIP!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

He just wanted to get out of this chickenshit outfit. RIP

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Sucks. Really enjoyed his work.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nyda...ational/bill-paxton-dead-61-article-1.2982645
    Actor Bill Paxton, who starred in some of the biggest blockbusters of the ‘80s and ‘90s and kicked off a new TV series just weeks ago, died after a heart surgery, his family announced Sunday. He was 61.
    A family statement revealed the veteran actor died on Saturday after his operation.
    “It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery,” the statement said.
    Doug Liman, who directed Paxton in the 2014 action film "Edge of Tomorrow," told the Daily News the actor talked to him weeks ago about the surgery.
    Paxton was worried, Liman recalled, but assured that he'd be ready to work. He was expected to reprise his role as Master Sergeant Farell in a planned "Edge of Tomorrow" sequel.
    Paxton sent Liman an email Jan. 29 that said: "Thanks for the good wishes. It will help me face this ordeal. Don't worry 'Sgt Farrell' will be ready to report for duty."
    "EveA Texas native, Paxton racked up nearly 100 acting credits. After getting started with bit parts in the ‘70s, he scored minor and supporting roles in ‘80s classics including “The Terminator,” “Aliens” and “Weird Science.”n facing major surgery, his optimism for the future was infectious," Liman told The News.
    "He was talking about the future, things we hoped to do together."

A Texas native, Paxton racked up nearly 100 acting credits. After getting started with bit parts in the ‘70s, he scored minor and supporting roles in ‘80s classics including “The Terminator,” “Aliens” and “Weird Science.”
    His profile rose in the '90s, when he took the lead in the disaster hit “Twister” and played a central treasure hunter in “Titanic,” which was the highest grossing film of all time for more than a decade. Paxton also appeared in “Apollo 13,” “True Lies” and “Tombstone.”
    He also dabbled in directing, helming the films “Frailty” and “The Greatest Game Ever Played.”
    In the later part of his career, Paxton focused on celebrated television roles, starring in the HBO series “Big Love” and earning an Emmy nomination for his performance in the History channel miniseries “Hatfields and McCoys.”
    Paxton is a star of the CBS cop drama “Training Day,” which premiered at the beginning of February. He will also appear in “The Circle,” an upcoming film adaptation of the Dave Eggers novel, in which he plays the father of Emma Watson’s protagonist.
    Paxton’s death left the future of “Training Day” uncertain. CBS spokesman Vernon Cheek said the series wrapped shooting 13 episodes in December. Four have aired so far, but Cheek did not say if all of the others will run.
    Speaking to The News in January, Paxton called the cop drama “uplifting” and praised his experience working on it.
    “We have had a great show...even though we struggle as characters, there's an incredible camaraderie we share,” he said.

Paxton’Storm chasers in the Tornado Alley part of America lined up to spell the letters "BP" on their Spotter Network, honoring his role in "Twister." s costars mourned him for his character and his ability to take on any role that came his way.
    "Someone who had so much zest for life, who was so fearless, someone with so much force — you'd think they'd be immortal," he told The News.
    He recalled the first day of shooting for "Edge of Tomorrow," when star Tom Cruise challenged some of the cast to an on-set race.
    "Tom said, 'I'm a 50-year-old man, see if you can keep up with me,'" Liman recalled.
    Paxton was "huffing and puffing" afterward.
    "He said, 'Well, I'm a 57-year-old man and I can't keep up with this s---,'" Liman said.

"That was literally five minutes into our first day of shooting. From that point forward, you knew you could count on him to speak his mind, make us all laugh."

#28 mikol13, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

3.9 star post. You forgot the best line!

[​IMG]
    Fer chrissakes, will you cover yourself!?

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  10. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Yeah, but we're all thinking it. That was one of the greatest lines of all time, and only because of the way he delivered it. Dude was awesome.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Remember his minor roles quite well, feeling his strongest lead work was in Twister and he done well there, think outshining his co-star.

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I would say Big Love (and Frailty, though an argument could be made that Mcconaughey was in the lead role) were better performances than Twister. Regardless he seemed to bring something good to any part. Even bit roles like in The Terminator.

13. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Great actor. He was freaking natural as one too. RIP.

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I remember him from Big Love! Intriguing HBO series

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I always enjoyed Paxton's work, regardless of the role, large or small. He was very underrated as an actor, in my opinion, and gone far too soon. Rest in peace.

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I haven't seen all of his work, but I don't think I've disliked anything I've seen him in.
    Dieing is never a simple plan. RIP

#37 K mf G, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Couldn't believe it when I heard about it. Cruel fate that it happened on Oscars day. Did anyone at the Oscars acknowledge it? I missed the part where they remembered those lost. Was he noted? I thought some actor would mention him but I didn't hear anything.

So, let me get this straight. Tom Cruise challenges folks on the set of "Edge of Tomorrow" to see who is in better shape. Bill partakes so he wasn't aware of his heart problem then? Did that lead to him finding out he had a problem? In summary, Tom Cruise killed Bill Paxton. ;)

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Like some others here (apparently), I can pretty much recite every single one of his lines from Weird Science word-for-word.

I also loved him in Big Love. Very underrated show and a great performance by Paxton.

Funny, I was actually watching The Terminator last week and thought one of those punks reminded me of Chet. I pulled up IMDB on my phone, and sure enough......

RIP

20. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Jennifer Anniston presented the in memoriam, and mentioned Bill Paxton before they played the video (which he was not included in). She appeared pretty upset saying his name