1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biggest Rockets Jinxes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaGlide, Nov 20, 2001.

Tags:
  1. DaGlide

DaGlide Contributing Member

Don't blame the Rockets for the loss tonight. This one was completely my fault. Every single time I read the ESPN preview of the Rockets game for the night, the Rockets lose ... and BAD! Now, I'm not saying that the Rockets win every time I don't read the preview, but I am saying that it's a lock if I read that damn trash.

So, in the midst of a mild mania brought on by tonight's thrashing, I have decided to compile a list of jinxes from other posters. I figure that everyone out there has something or other that must be done (or not done) to ensure that the Rockets win. I'm convinced that this game has nothing to do with the players ... it's all about superstition.
    :rolleyes:

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Dr. Jack giving us props was the nail in this game's coffin.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

The biggest jinx has to be me listening to the game on the radio if I cant watch it. I mean of course they lose games when I am watching also. But if I ever listen to a game you can be sure they will lose. :(

4. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

It's all because Lisa was sick, her emotional support and stellar outfits would of lifted the Rockets to victory.

5. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

True. They would have run circles around everyone riding her into battle. weiieeieiiiigghh.

6. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

nasty, she is like 8 months pregnet

7. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

No its because Jay Rocket did not speak his hamster sounding voice hehehahhahaahahahahahahahahahah NOT

Got that guy is a tool:p

8. Flying_4_ever

Flying_4_ever Member

Everytime I'm having a bad day I notice the rockets lose. Usually when I'm in a good mood and watch the game we win. I was having a bad day today, and sure enough the Rockets lost. I'm gonn try and not let anything bother me tomorrow and have a great day for the Rockets. ;)

9. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

as soon as everyone posts their jinx's I'm getting the ol "Do it yourself" Santeria kit out...Chicken bones, a rosary, some Rockets trading cards, a candle, some incensce, a few frog legs, maybe a lock of hair and an old Championship t-shirt... we'll get this team back on it's feet!

rH

10. Band Geek Mobster

Man I've read this post 4 different times now and it cracks me up every time...

11. teeloo

teeloo Contributing Member

Jinx: Every time this season the rockets play a good team that is not the Mavericks, they lose.

Seriously: #1: Every time RocketsO3 stops yelling at games the Rockets start sucking.

#2: Every time Cato starts, the Rockets get off to a slow start.

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Nobody eat at the restaurant "El Toro" in La Porte on game days. Back in '97, I ate there before the Rocks played the Suns. The Rocks lost. Then, I ate there just before tipoff of game 6 '97 WCF vs. Utah... :(

13. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Yeah, we're nailing it now!!!!!!!!!!

Everytime some lame team shoots a 10 to 20 % better FG percentage above us we lose.

Everytime we put our best players on the floor and the other team matches us - position for position- we lose.

Everytime we give up a measly 12 to 20 points off our turnovers we lose.

It's a damn conspiracy. That's what it is.

A damn conspiracy, I say!

Uh,huh.

;)

14. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

someone say 'conspiracy'??
    I'm all over it....

rH

15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I am never quiet damnit! I was the loudest at the laker game and we still lost!

16. T he Jockstrap

You are forgetting the biggest jinx of all: whenever Moochie goes with the fro you know it is going to be a long night.

17. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Any time I feel confident that the Rockets are going to win, they lose. Any time I start to feel good about the season, they go on a losing streak.

18. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

It's always the refs.

Except when Bill Kennedy calls the games. He was laughing and joking with Stevie during the Dallas game (I guess trying to get on his good side). :rolleyes: We're gonna win every game Kennedy calls. I swear, I mean...the guy ejected a star player for dunking. He's gonna be on our side. :cool:

19. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Thanks ya, ZRB. Get it in yo heads, everybody...

REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY

20. DaGlide

DaGlide Contributing Member

Alright, I expect to make it into Clutch's Rock Box for tonight's game. I stayed away from the ESPN preview, thereby clinching the win for the Rocks tonight. Walt helped out too ...