1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BEVERLEY & HARDEN Injury updates

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Play07

Play07 Member

Harden (back, wrist), Beverley (bruised ribs) did not practice. Both day to day. - CSN

With beverley (bruised ribs), harden (sore back, wrist) listed 'day to day heading into 4 in 5 nights, expect lot of 'game-time decisions' - Feigen

HOU practice update: P. Beverley & J. Harden not practicing today after sustaining minor injuries last night. More info when practice wraps.- Friedman

10-31-2013 1:45PM

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

They'll both play

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Yep. Game is tomorrow.....best to let them rest.

4. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Harden will play barring his condition getting worse some how. Beverley they can afford to sit if need be for a game or two.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

As disappointed as I'd be if they were both out for the first game I'm going to this season, I'd really prefer they didn't play if they aren't really feeling up to it. The last thing we need is a Harden with an aggravated or nagging injury.

6. Play07

Play07 Member

ok I got you, team doctor

7. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

I want to see Lin Parsons Casspi Howard and Asik. Lin being the first option and ball handler. We don't want to risk injuring Harden and Beverley. Let them sit and rest. It's just Dallas anyways

8. smr6

smr6 Member

Howard would be the first option on offense then.

9. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

PB obviously got hurt last night, and it doesn't seem to be a serious one at all. Harden's sore back OTOH, was it something he had for a while, or kind of twisted yesterday, or it was a side-effect from over-compensating his uncomfortable knee? Couldn't watch the game, anyone knows?

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I watched most of the game, but I have no idea what happened with Harden. Hope its not a recurring issue for him.

11. CKent

CKent Member

He said he woke up with some tightness in his back and tried to stretch it out. Apparently it really tightened up on him during the game, who knows, maybe he just slept awkwardly on it the night before.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't think it was too serious.

I think the wrist soreness was related to a possible injury earlier on in the pre-season when he was icing his wrist on the bench. Probably hasn't completely recovered yet.

Not too sure about his back, but I hope it's not anything indicative of a back spasm.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol Morey said it this morning too

14. RedNickNY

RedNickNY Member

It's like the GARM just went Back to the Future II. I know which folks will knock Beverley and Harden for resting a game and which folks will come to their defense, but it's the second game of the season and there's no sense of urgency and no need to panic. Don't risk exacerbating what may only call for rest.

15. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

okay but I was saying what I want to see. Anyways just passing the ball to Howard to post up every time would be stupid, is it not?

I'd still want to see the line up. Everyone is equal in offensive talent in this line up. Hence, the ball won't get sticky. Lin can run the offence without anyone hogging the ball.

3 people who can shoot 3's, to spread the floor. 2 people who are God in rebounding and defending and monsters under the basket. 1 great slasher and 2 good slasher.
    4-5(if you count Lin) people who are good-great at defending. Above all their height compared to the position would be above average.

16. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Now we really look like the Orlando Magic that Dwight took to the finals.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

my opinion, this is not playoffs & we play 4 games in 5 nights, playing in utah Saturday, I would sit both, after watching last night we all should know the offense can do go ok without a unhealthy harden. not a smart move to rush players back when we have clipper coming twice and portland on back to back all in next week basically. We will need them healthy,

tell dmo, jones, cannan all to get ready if needed for spot mins

Garcia, lin, casspi time to step up hold down the team like we know you can

Asik, parsons, howard the team is counting on you!

Good test to see what our depth is all about early in the season to see what happens if a player goes down, are we contenders with depth or do we fold when a player goes down and make excuses ???

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Ah, yeah. I forgot about the wrist thing in the preseason.

19. Yellow

Yellow Member

No need to rush back, we're not desperate for talent as much as years past. A starting line-up of Lin, Garcia, Parsons, Howard & Asik is still great with Brooks, Brewer, Casspi & maybe D-Mo off the bench.

20. matthewsq

matthewsq Member

I'd go with Lin Parsons Casspi Howard Asik while Harden rest and heals. I like Garcia as a 6th man. His our special weapon. Anyone else agree with this sort of line up? I think it would be epic. It's going to dominate a lot of teams.

Back up.

Beverly-?-Garcia-D-Mo-Asik
    AB-Bev-Lin-Parsons as guards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.