1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto vs Ted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 24, 2018.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

He is not alone

2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Coming from you. What a joke.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

My point would just be this. If he's not a Russian troll but just happened to join at just the right time and then post just like one, why should we even quibble about the difference? If he's actually an American (or Canadian -- I doubt it either way based on his weird ESL the first year), he's basically been inhabited by foreign-troll fake (really fake) news-speak and divisiveness, including race baiting, the works. Who has time for it?

I've made similar posts about certain posters. Like, who cares if poster X is an actual racist or just playing a troll schtick on the internet? Why even bother to distinguish those models? If someone thinks a racist schtick is funny, why distinguish that person from an actual racist? Rather just deal w' actually funny people or people with something to contribute (or ideally people who do both).

VooDooPope, FranchiseBlade and Nolen like this.
  4. jcf

jcf Member

I just looked up some of his posts and he seems to be frequently posting about the Texans in the real time and following the game. That seems like a lot of effort for a Russian Troll particularly because this isn't primarily a political site.

Astrodome and TheresTheDagger like this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

embarrassing, and not for Beto

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well at least he admits it, but it's like he's trying to not get elected.

7. Nook

Nook Member

If you say so.

Nothing really embarrassing about it other than he picked the wrong state to run for state office in.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I mean, his politics are pretty embarrassing as is his "How do you do fellow kids" routine.

[​IMG]

cml750 likes this.
  9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

What is up with Democrats and their lack of understanding of presumption of innocence

10. jcf

jcf Member

I agree. If he was running in a State where he had a better chance to win, he would be more of a player in 2020. I don't know how you can lose your own State (if that happens) and then go national.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. B-Bob

Good point but that doesn't change anything. See my post above. It's immaterial if he's a Russian troll or not when he posts content exactly as they would want him to do, on time and on the regular. Maybe he's brainwashed into believing the divisive drivel he posts. I don't care. He stays on ignore and should for anyone who gives two poops about any kind of real convo around here. Cheers.

12. TheresTheDagger

13. B-Bob

Sorry - that sounds SUPER fake. "If true" a key phrase. But it does feed fears and outrage.

14. conquistador#11

It reminds me of Arizona's gop attempting to make contributions on behalf of a 'communist group' to the democratic candidate, only the 'communist group' turned out to be gop aides and were caught red handed.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/republican-communist-donation-737624/
    fear is definitely a thing and it has worked wonders since Abram went to war.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

that is terrible if its actually happening, but if the only source for this story is the washington times, who denies the existence of climate change, says seth rich was murdered by the DNC and says obama was born in kenya, then im going to be a bit skeptical.

as that old saying goes, fool me once shame on...shame on you...fool me...you wont get fooled again.

mtbrays, joshuaao and B-Bob like this.
  16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

careful posting this. Some might call you a Russian troll

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That seems like pretty safe material trying to cover. But like B-Bob says if he isn't one, he posts like one... exactly like one, so it's a distinction without a difference.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

People call you a russian troll because you seem to have no mind of your own. Do you ever make a post that's longer than a sentence or two? All you do is regurgitate talking points that your masters over at The_Donald tell you.

FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll repeat that I really dont think he's a Russian troll. He seems to me to be a classic example of a guy who so needs to belong to something that he totally subsumed himself to the group.

There were plenty of people like him running around the Russian revolution seeking counter revolutionaries behind every corner or the NDASP, or snacking people on the head with Mao's little red book. Or for that matter in the Inquisition, uncovering secret pockets of ungodliness and torturing it out of existance.

True Believers.

Some people really need to have the answers, so much that it doesn't matter if the answers that they have are the right ones.

Trumps bullshit refusal to admit that he was wrong or that he doesn't know something would seem very impressive for someone like that.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don't think he would ever have a chance in hell to be president. He could if got elected become a prominent senator. Perhaps a less cooler and less effeminate version of Lindsey Grahm for the Democrats.