1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto vs Ted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Ah, I see. If you were really thinking, you would wonder why trump has done nothing. President Obama hasn't held that office since January, 2017. Mr. trump has. What has trump done about the assault on our democracy in 2016, an assault that attempted, successfully, to help win the election for the fellow? An assault that is continuing today? Nothing, except lie, over and over and over again. To you, to me, to everyone. In my opinion, you need to broaden your sources for news.

2. dmoneybangbang

What the hell has Cruz done for Texas?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's not really any evidence that the Russians hacking the DNC played any significant role in Trump beating Hillary.....and you continuing to suggest otherwise doesn't change the facts. Also, the Russians hacking the DNC isn't "an assault on our democracy", it was merely an "assault on the DNC".

There are other things the Russians tried to do and failed that could be described as an attempted assault on our democracy....but again, they were things that were attempted and failed.

cml750 likes this.
  4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

He's outworking Ted in every city and town in the state.

Deckard likes this.
  5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Looks like O’Rourke might agree to debate Cruz. That'll be somewhat interesting for the 30 second cuts I am willing to watch.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The image is worth enlarging. I love it! Standing room only in Lubbock and the crowd has a surprising number of Boomers (who will vote), and it's all ages. They appear to like what they're hearing. Upset on the way! :cool:

[​IMG]

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like maybe 300 people, very impressive.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

ted cruz with a cowardly dodge...

joshuaao and B-Bob like this.
  9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

That's like 50 times the number of people that can fit in your trailer.

TheRealist137 and B-Bob like this.
  10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

O'Rourke Townhall in Muleshoe, Texas (population: 5,800).

Cruz can't keep up.

Deckard likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So wait, that wasn't a recruiting event for a pyramid scheme? Oh man, if Whitey O'Rourke gets those 35 votes, he's got Texas locked up, that's like a full 0.6% of the entire population of Muleshoe, Texas hanging on his every word

cml750 likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Beto visited all 254 counties in Texas? That's impressive. Showing up to places that have probably never seen the person who represents them in government could go a long way when it comes time to vote.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Can't knock the hustle, you mad?

You miss the shots you don't take. Sorry brah, Democrats still exist in this country, we're not a fascist state yet, we're going to continue fighting for our policies and not roll over for cucks like Ted Cruz.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not mad at all, just laughing at those who are trying to make it seem like he's got a massive following due to pictures with like 35 people showing up at a Holiday Inn conference room. If anything you are the one that sounds mad going on about fascism and calling people "cucks" just because they are going to easily beat your boy Whitey O'Rourke.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, Cruz is a cuck.

He let Trump insult his wife and then bowed proudly before his king.

I'm just confused as to the purpose of your posting? It's like getting mad at Harden taking shots. Beto is doing exactly as he should, as any politician should in his position, and you're mocking it? I guess you think he should just roll over?

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The lack of color makes it look like a Trump group minus the stupid hats and shirts. Of course, Lubbock isn't the most colorful city.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, you clearly failed to read my last post then, here I'll help you out by re-posting it. Good luck this time around!

Not mad at all, just laughing at those who are trying to make it seem like he's got a massive following due to pictures with like 35 people showing up at a Holiday Inn conference room. If anything you are the one that sounds mad going on about fascism and calling people "cucks" just because they are going to easily beat your boy Whitey O'Rourke.

I have no problem with him "taking his shots", but pretending that he's out there killing it when he's not even moving the needle is ridiculous.....and as such I ridicule it.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If you are so confident that Cruz is easily going to beat O'Rourke then you should put a bet on the margin of victory. Make a prediction and have the guts to stick with it.

19. cml750

cml750 Member

I just read through Beto's policy points. He would basically be just another rubber stamp vote for Schumer in the Senate. All he has to offer is he is he is a member of the party that is against Trump. His policies are mainstream Democrat that definitely do not line up with a majority of Texans and I just don't see Beto being the type who would stand up to his party . I would be shocked if Beto kept it to single digits.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Dude, how do you know he's not moving the needle?

You realize every new politician goes out there and does the ground work one way or another, right? Going to townhalls and such?

This is exactly one of the ways you win elections, along with ads, winning debates, etc.

He is out there killing it because he's out there period. The other alternative is for him to not be out there. So yes, he's killing it. It may not win him the election but he's grinding for votes. Honestly, WTF else is he supposed to be doing?