1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto vs Ted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Deckard, NewRoxFan and B-Bob like this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm still thinking Beto's going to pull off a narrow victory in a huge upset. It's good to see that the polls show a close, tightening race. 100 days, more or less, before the elections. Let's hope the Russians don't target Texas.

I'd prefer that the bastards left our elections alone, but they are already attacking Democratic candidates, while there continues to be no direction coming from the White House to prevent it. In my opinion, that alone is an impeachable offense. It is the duty of a president to protect our nation from attacks from abroad. That's what Russia and Putin are doing, assaulting our democracy, and trump does nothing. I wonder why he does nothing? Because the Russians are trying, again, to help their best friend, Mr. trump.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously? You crazy kids are already setting up a "Russian interference" excuse for when Beto loses an election that he has no chance of winning? Is this going to become a thing from here on out?

cml750 likes this.
  4. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

The more publicized the race the less likely Beto is to win IMO. Similar to the special elections in SC and Georgia.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have to disagree. I hope Beto gets more publicity, not less.

6. Buck Turgidson

He's having 2 Town Halls in my neck of the woods in August, planning on checking one out.

Deckard likes this.
  7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Ted Cruz is going to spank Robert Francis O'Rourke like a little boy. Totally crush him. Please libs, pour money into this race and tie your hopes to it! Watching you on election night will be tastier than when Donald the Strong sent Hillary back to the woods. But be careful, the Russians are going to follow you into the voting booth and change your votes!

Dark Rhino and cml750 like this.
  8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm seeing more and more "BETO" signs and other paraphernalia around Montgomery County...which is unexpected. I don't know how good this polling is that has him that close, but there's certainly some momentum as he continues to out-raise Cruz.

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Makes me think..

Why did Obama do nothing?

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In what context? If it's doing nothing to help Beto in the run up to the election, I'd say give him time. He has to get a laser range finger, a Cray supercomputer, a large group of talking heads to ask for advice, and stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting before the President can arrive at a decision to help. Then I think he'll help. ;)

If you meant, why didn't and why hasn't President Obama done more to grow the Democratic Party in and now out of office, you would have to ask him. I know it sure as hell wasn't enough while president, and isn't enough now, in my opinion.

You might also have been thinking of something else, of course.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is shaping up exactly like all of the other "Texas turning blue" threads before it. I'm trying to help you guys out, don't get too invested in the fantasy of Whitey O'Rorke actually having a chance of winning. You are setting yourself up for nothing but more failure by going to that same bar every night and hitting on that same lesbian.....

Dark Rhino and cml750 like this.
  12. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Why don’t you vote for a real American not some immigrant. You people on the right always talk about real America and make America great. Then don’t be a hypocrite.

13. Nook

Nook Member

This.

I will be very surprised if Cruz loses.

I will say IF (and it is a big if) Cruz loses, it probably means Republicans overall have done very poorly.

14. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Obama did nothing. Makes me think..

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

False, on both accounts apparently. LOL.

Beyond his sanctions and expulsions everyone knows if he'd done more the conservatives would have blown a gasket accusing him of "rigging" things for HRC.

This conversation has been had many times. It's boring. But in his desperation, 45 is digging it up again to deflect. Sad, literally. Boring, definitely. Disingenuous, innately.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Cruz loses, that'll almost certainly mean an absolute bloodbath for the Republicans, so I get the allure of the fantasy, but IMO if O'Rorke manages to lose by only single digits then he's done about as well as realistically expected.

17. Nook

Nook Member

I agree.

I only give him a 5-10% chance of winning but if it does it means a large slide.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it would have to take some kind of major screw up by Cruz or just an amazing campaign by Father Robert Francis O'Rorke

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

He was really not very skilled at being a leader or a party builder, so his accomplishments were modest. He delivered some good speeches. He was a good role model personally, especially for African Americans and he did avoid the historical bad blunders of his predecessor Dubya.