1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beto vs Ted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 24, 2018.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

This is exactly why Trump swept the primaries. All the other guys were so santizied and bland that someone with any sense of personality was bound to win...unfortunately for the rest of the country all Trump had was fury and personality.

2. Purvis's shorts

I think Beto can win this. He just needs a good turnout.

Deckard likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't wanna here anyone say that it's wrong to insult and belittle Raphael Cruz. He likes being disrespected and being mad fun of.

He's a bottom b**** that likes to watch probably.

4. dmoneybangbang

That's the Dem's issue and the GOP's kyrptonite- voter turnout.

5. dmoneybangbang

Who will help the persecuted Christians who no longer have power in this country.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While still a long shot, this seems to suggest that cruz polling suggests that Beto is closer than expected...

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Cruz is asking for several debates? Really? I agree. His internal polling must have scared him. A lot of people here will disagree, but I think Beto has a serious shot at taking Cruz's seat. Cruz has been and is a weasel who has no scruples, no morals, and will lie at the drop of a hat. Not many Republicans in Congress like the guy, and I think a lot of his voters in Texas don't particularly like him. He's ripe for an upset, in my opinion. We're sporting a yard sign and sending money. A friend is running a phone bank. If people will turn out and vote, we can hand Cruz his hat. Get involved! :cool:

8. NewRoxFan

I just ordered this one... met with some of his people at an event in Nacogdoches a few months ago. They gave me some smaller posters but really liked the one below.

[​IMG]

Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I like it! Anything to get people interested in positive change, which is what Beto will bring to Texas and the Senate.

10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Beto should beg for more money from California because you know how Texans cherish and value Hollywood liberal elitists.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Beto manages to lose by less than 10% of the vote, it's about the best he could ever have reasonably hoped for.

cml750 likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

RussianLegend, you should come up with a new shtick. You're really getting boring by constantly recycling the same crap. I guess with you the old saw applies - garbage in/garbage out. What a miserable life you must lead. That's if you aren't a bot. I'm leaning towards you being an inhuman algorithm run out of a warehouse in Moscow, but you could be some sort of human related creature. I doubt it, but it isn't impossible. Anyway, work on the entertainment factor, OK?

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You say my posts are predictable? What a joke. You have been repeating the same pointless russian/bot argument forever now, maybe you should come with a new shtick. I understand the new moto for liberals, "if you don't have an argument, call them a bot" but you're beating a dead horse now and it's just sad

cml750 likes this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

this is Wendy Davis/John Ossoff all over again

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

But with more votes to his name and a smaller win for the GOP. Part of a pattern. But yes, he will most probably lose, especially once your party effectively rallies the base. I tip my hat to the organization and unity of it all.

16. NewRoxFan

This is a pretty tired response.

First, cruz favorability is much lower than last election, and declining...

https://texaspolitics.utexas.edu/set/ted-cruz-approval-june-2018

Second, abbott (a different candidate) held a 12 point polling lead over Davis. And abbott didn't have favorability challenge that cruz has. O'Rourke being within 5 points at this point is encouraging, especially since many Texans still don't know much about O'Rourke.

Its still a long shot... but not so much that cruz is now demanding debates. If he was comfortably ahead, it would be O'Rourke demanding them.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is he really though?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/tx/texas_senate_cruz_vs_orourke-6310.html

Honestly I don't see why we even talk about this race, Ted Cruz will win easily and there are MUCH more interesting Senate races going on that are actual toss ups.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Just to suggest an alternative explanation: Cruz feels comfortably in command of the race and doesn't fear giving Beto a bigger stage, but hopes to use the debates as a way to burnish his own national image as a guy with policy solutions by letting the nation see him run circles around his opponent -- assuming that he can. In his race against Trump, he wasn't able to seize the narrative from him so people lost sight of Cruz's vision. Maybe in an easier race, Cruz will be able to re-establish himself as an intellectual leader of the conservative movement.

Eh, it's a theory.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Challenging O'Rourke to a debate win win. He either punks out or gets wrecked. At the very least people see how white this dude is.

20. NewRoxFan

ted cruz... complaining about alex jones talking about his dad (but defending his rants on facebook)... but seems to me someone else used to say the same thing (and also insulted cruz's wife)...