1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Beto vs Ted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 24, 2018.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Who is praising Venezuela and what does that have to do with racism?

You'll do more research and I'm guessing won't admit he's racist because he hasn't come out and said "I am racist." even though he constantly promotes actual white nationalists, sticks a confederate flag on his desk, complains about other children babies, and says things like this...

"I'd ask you to go back through history and figure out, where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people that you're talking about, where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?"

joshuaao, JeffB and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  2. Anticope

Anticope Member

Then you have no idea what actual racism is. I mean, this is a guy who claimed that a judge of Hispanic descent shouldn't be judging one of his cases because "he's Mexican and I'm building a wall." The Muslim ban is another great example that, while not racist by definition, was absolutely touted in order to cater to those who embrace discrimination and prejudice.

I know a lot of Republicans and I do agree that the majority are not racist but Trump absolutely ran a racist campaign and continues to operate in that manner.

3. mockster

mockster Member

Your dead wrong buddy, antifa is built on hate. I said “at this moment” KKK is a Bunche of p*****s who have circle jerk meetings. They are basically harmless now days. Back in the day sure.

Also I can private message you tons of videos of antifa destroying businesses and punching innocents trunp supporters. I’m busy now but it’s resllybjjst an easy google search but I gotta age a few bookmarked

4. mockster

mockster Member

I don’t buy it. This idc then guy who got award shows from Jessie Jackson’s and married 2-3 immigrants

He’s not politically correct and an ******* but I doubt he’s truley racist nonetheless idiotic

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Trump not a racist?

The guy literally settled with the justice department for millions because his company didn't want to rent to blacks.

edit: Mockster with the: "I HAVE BLACK FRIENDS CARD!"

6. mockster

mockster Member

You don’t remember your own words?, you acknowledge republicans praising Brazilian president because of ideologies I have an example of dems praising Venezuela for idealogies but both ended up chaotic or at least will soon for Brazil.

Go do some research all liberals were praising Venezuela before crap hit the fan

That’s not true at all, I already have a first impression that’s he’s a pos. I just like to conduct research before I make a determination. I would say that’s fair?. But based on what I’ve alreasy seen I’m already on the boat that’s he’s not good for our society.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The purpose of Antifa is right in its name. I'm not arguing that they aren't a rowdy bunch, but have they killed anyone yet?

Also, you said that they were invading Trump speeches, not punching innocent Trump supporters.

Honestly man, I don't care about fistfights. Oakland Raider fans were known for their fighting, and Soccer Hooligans...are they also as bad as the KKK?

You are comparing Antifa to a group who has historically lynched people and burned down churches. When Antifa is doing that then maybe we can compare the two.

Yes, the KKK are just a bunch of dudes walking around in robes today, but the argument I'm posing is that if they were stronger they wouldn't be. The only reason they don't do the lynching and church burning anymore is because they can't...although many of these racist white dudes, for some reason, feel more emboldened under Trump's leadership than they ever did under Obama. In fact, Trump cut the funds to go after those groups and unsurprisingly we've had a string of hate crimes.

JeffB likes this.
  8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

he said a hispanic american could not do his job properly b/c he was "mexican".

thats the definition of racism.

9. Anticope

Anticope Member

Even if he's not personally racist (which I'm 99.9% sure he is), he absolutely had those elements in his campaign. Do you really not think that saying someone can't do their job because of their ethnicity is racist?

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well yes, the incoming Venezuelan regime never talked about possible genocide. If they did, I imagine that many democrats would not have praised them then.

The thing is, you won't find King ever saying he's racist. That's the thing I'm trying to get across to people on the right. These people hardly ever come out as racist. They will never (usually at least) come out and say "I hate blacks" or any other group and them having black friends does not make them less racist.

And the people on the right still voted for him. They still sent him through. So what does that say to minorities in Iowa?

11. Nook

Nook Member

Kind of hard to argue that King isn't racist. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just have more respect for someone that just comes out and says: "White people are more important". I may not like it but they let you know where they stand.

I hear a lot "Republicans are not racist"....... and they may be true. I know lots of Republicans that I have never heard make a statement or express an opinion that is overtly racist. However, as I point out to my friends and family that vote for Trump....... no, you may not be racist, but you voted for a candidate that is racist, and their racism did bother you enough to not give him your vote.

It isn't entirely a Republican issue....... Bob Mendez in New Jersey never should have been supported by the DNC..... Keith Ellison never should have been elected AG either.

mdrowe00 and JayGoogle like this.
  12. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

racial stereotype = racist?

13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

is that how you spin it...

14. Nook

Nook Member

This is FALSE.

Not all liberals were praising Chavez.

There were some more extreme liberals that were praising him though.

Indeed President Obama was very critical of the Chavez regime.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah. Believing racial sterotypes to be true is racist.

sammy likes this.
  16. Anticope

Anticope Member

A stereotype that someone is incapable of doing their job properly because of their race is absolutely, 100% racist. If you can't agree with that then you're not even worth having a conversation with on the subject.

17. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

So if I said all asians are bad drivers because of their squinty eyes, am I racist or will you defend me for just repeating a racial stereotype? Exactly what distinction are you trying to make?

I honestly can't tell sometimes if people are unintelligent or just that blindly loyal.

mdrowe00 and DudeWah like this.
  18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Calm down Uncle Chan.

19. mockster

mockster Member

Your right I misspoke but see how it’s essy to lump a good majority into something?. Even I did it.

20. mockster

mockster Member

Trump isn’t racist. Sorry as much as I dislike him I won’t let this lie to keep on being portrayed by propaganda