1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best way to rehab?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paikj83, Oct 26, 2001.

Tags:
  1. paikj83

paikj83 Contributing Member

So it's been about 2 months since I had ACL reconstruction. I've been going to the gym for a while, trying to regain my quads and such. I was wondering if anyone had gone through this or knew someone that did and had successful rehabilitation because I'd really like to get back to where I was athletically before the injury. Information on how they went about recovery would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :D

2. paikj83

Am I getting no reply because no one knows? Is there an orthopedic doctor in the house?

3. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Did you do any rehab at a center? When I blew out my knee I had to work on a special program for about two months at one. After that I continued moderate cals for my legs and then eventually went from jogging to running to high impact sports. My best friend during that time though was an exercise bike, great workout and your not pounding the injury. Of course everyone is different and I have no clue what you doctor would want you to do.

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

5. paikj83

Yes, I did PT for about 7 weeks. When my sessions were up, I joined the gym at the rehab center. Thanks for the link and information, guys. Thus far, I've got full range of motion with a little pain when going up and down stairs. I think I'll start jogging this week and work from there, along with workouts at the gym. :)

Btw, DEANBCURTIS, how do your knees feel? How long did it take for your knee to be able to handle high impact sports? And did you suffer any knee-related injuries afterwards as a result of normal sports-related "wear and tear"?