1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Parking Near Enron?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by IROC it, Jul 24, 2001.

1. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Well we moved back to the H-Town area, and the fam and some out-o-town guests would like to catch a 'Stros game soon, but I've not had the privilege of driving to a game at Enron yet.

I was wondering if you good citizens of the BBS could advise me on where to park (what street, or lot), or if it's best to catch a bus or whatever.

I know its not as easy as the good old Dome was...

Also, anyone have the inside scoop on the best seating?

------------------
    Proud Father of the Rockets' future point guard.
    (and maybe a Power Forward on the way!! Or possibly a Comet!!)

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Actually, besides for popular games (ie-this past weekend), parking at Enron is a breeze. Just head on down early one day, get close to the stadium, and fan out, generally to the south and west to find parking. The further out you go, the cheaper it gets.

------------------
    American business long ago gave up on demanding that prospective employees be honest and hardworking. It has even stopped hoping for employees who are educated enough that they can tell the difference between the men's room and the women's room without having little pictures on the doors.

3. IROC it

Thanks, JayZ750, do you happen to know what tickets run?

------------------

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

5. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

anywhere is good. I believe Enron has valet parking also, for a premium price... but like someone else mentioned, just get there early and you'll be sure to find $5-$7 parking... have fun. I love going to The Ballpark at Union Station... errr... Enron Field.

rH

------------------
    Updated: The Psychedelic Groove House of Rockets Basketball Love!

join the club! Rockets Psychedelic Groove House Club on Yahoo!

Stop annoying X10 ads! This link will set a cookie on your system that will disable X10 ads for one year!

6. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I used to do a lot of work down there, and one time I got to EFUS like 2 hours before a game, and spent a while driving around and figuring out where THE BEST parking is. The price/value combo of this place is THE BEST of anywhere near the stadium. I recently went with my father and brother, and my dad paid a few dollars more to park further away, despite my lobbying for a better space.

<a href="http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/special/00/enron/images02/ballparking.pdf">This is a map of the Enron Parking lots</a>. Lot 7 is only $5. It is like 2 blocks away, right up close, and is cheap. It's never full either. The way I see it is that it's a secret, because I've always been able to park there (even at sold out games), and there are lots right next to it (practically) that are $10 or more. It's in a Bail Bonds place with a red roof.

Have fun!

------------------
    I'm looking for a job, so hire me

"And I just have to smile and say 'well, I hope so' while I'm really thinking inside how I'd like to just strangle them and take their job."

7. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Oh, and it's really easy to get out of that area too. The only thing is to make sure you don't go the wrong direction and end up in 5th Ward. My first game down there went into extra innings, and I accidentally ended up in 5th Ward at midnight. Scared the hell out of me -- I was on some major road, and I just kept driving on it, figuring it had to lead me to a freeway eventually.

------------------
    I'm looking for a job, so hire me

"And I just have to smile and say 'well, I hope so' while I'm really thinking inside how I'd like to just strangle them and take their job."

8. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I always seem to park at the George R. Brown. 5 bucks, a 2-3 block walk to the stadium...not too bad.

------------------
    "Blues is a Healer"
    --John Lee Hooker

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

If you're going on a weekday, it's easy to parallel park in some of the metered spots for free. I never pay for parking.

------------------
    "Oh No..."
    -Bill Walton in 97 just before Stockton's buzzer beater

10. IROC it

Sweet! Thanks for all the input!

------------------