1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Ben McLemore is awesome.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jul 31, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Love having a "pure shooter". I've always been envious of other teams that have one.

D-rock, RudyTBag and kevtse like this.
  3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tailor made for us.

daywalker02, D-rock and RudyTBag like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

pure shooting comes at a premium, look how much LA paid for Danny Green and he can't even shoot anymore and they are suffering for it. Morey got Ben off the couch.

#84 DreamShook, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

We were all worried that BMAC wasn't going to have enough defense to stay on the court, but he was able to play defense. This is huge.

6. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

The great thing...he's under contract for next year. One of Morey's best signings.

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

He still has upside.

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

and that's the trade off with the majority of "pure shooters" is that they typically are not great defenders. We just need him to effort as much as he can. Don't be a turnstile which he wasn't yesterday and it was great to see.

CFs thinking that bringing in a Reddick/Corver would result in better D are kidding themselves. They'd be screaming to get him off the court. LOL

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's all about discipline with Mac. I don't expect him to be an all world defender, just stop biting at every pump fake and keep your hands straight up rather than attempting to block shots. I want him out there, it's pretty damn cool knowing we have someone that can be a dead eye shooter, not our typical streak player.

I rode Ben Mac hard most of the season and I'm happy he is proving me wrong. Morey killed it signing him to a two year minimum deal. At least we get him for another season before some stupid team signs him to a larger deal.

Hakeemtheking, D-rock and DreamShook like this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Very happy for Ben McLemore, the media is ignoring Ben for Most Improved Player because he is on the Houston Rockets.

Ben was almost outcasted by the NBA because he was on terrible Kings team and Grizzlies team. Almost left for overseas.

Mike Dantoni and James Harden, Russell Westbrook saved Ben's Career and boosted his confidence. Ben was hesitating on his 3 pointers, and aiming at the rim instead of shooting with comfort and confidence.

The Players and Coaches accepted Ben and boosted his confidence and became a better player.

Now he is literally Ray Allen Heat version his comparison coming out of College.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Reddick and Korver are sneaky good defenders. They are certainly not as bad as everyone thinks.

Rock Block and D-rock like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

But neither are as young, athletic or economical as McLemore.

LOL

13. Rock Block

Supporting Member

That was kind of my point. Just give enough effort on D to keep you out there and we're good, that's the trade off but your azz slip and CFs is like a pitchfork mob. ha

D-rock likes this.
  14. Rock Block

Supporting Member

Hard to believe hes been in the league for 7 years already. I'm gettng old, FASTER

D-rock likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Shooting form is so smooth.

don grahamleone and BamBam like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Benny Mac is the best pure shooter the rockets have had since Eddie Johnson. (I don’t count Novak or scrubs who rarely saw minutes. Holding to active contributors)

His shot is beautiful and I love seeing his confidence growing. He can mature more in my opinion and play a larger role similar to an older ray allen with the Celtics.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Benny Mac's shot reminds me of Ray Allens shot.

D-rock likes this.
  19. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Liliard?
    Booker?