1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben McLemore is a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Jul 23, 2019.

1. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Yikes

forchette49 likes this.
  2. Aspiring Player

People like you and @Reeko treat players like garbage. You've never played the game and don't understand the first thing about it, if this is how you approach it mentally.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Never in a million years would I think I'd be typing this message but.....

Chamillionaire has officially become a Hater.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Because I think McLemore is a scrub? Lol, stfu. U can go ahead and miss me with the “never played the game” talk too. Why do I even waste my time with these alternate troll accounts?

5. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Keep working young guy. Hoping to see you make it big soon like @Roc Paint saw his cousin JJ.

You have the right attitude. Don't let the keyboard warrior couch potatoes, armchair pundits get to you.

6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

McLemore is rated slightly lower than Gary Clark. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

7. bmd

bmd Member

Ben McLemore can be a very efficient player on offense. He has great scoring percentages at the rim and good 3-point stats. He's a career 65.5% from 0-3 feet and takes 23% of his shots from that distance, which is almost identical to Eric Gordon's attempts from that distance. The difference is that Eric Gordon takes nearly 65% of his shots from 3. McLemore usually shoots only about 40% of his shots from 3.

If McLemore shoots his same percentages, (65% from 0-3 and 37% from 3), but alters his shot selection to mirror Eric Gordon's, he would have a TS% of 57.5%, which is very efficient.

On offense, he *could* be another Eric Gordon. His numbers are remarkably similar to Eric Gordon, from assists to rebounds, turnovers, shooting percentages, etc. He just needs to alter his shot selection, which many players who join the Rockets do.

Now, as for his defense, that's a different story. I have no idea how good or bad his defense is. I'm assuming he sucks on that end, because good defenders still have a wanted role in the league even if their offense isn't great.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

McLemore is a better fit on paper than MCW ever was. Hell, anyone who can shoot a basketball at even a league average clip is a better fit than MCW. We're also not depending on Ben to be a surefire part of the rotation the way we were with MCW to start last season.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh man. more of this trash. please just shut up about this and making it about yourself and whatever you think you are

mario_v and Plowman like this.
  10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

we just dont need another guard.... we are thin at PF. we NEED bodies there.

Junebball and D-rock like this.
  11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Rated? Like... NBA 2K ratings? LOL

12. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yep yep agree. Even Bobby Brown played better than MCW.

13. acjeitherocket

Im cool with this but whats the word on Iggy?

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Aspiration at its finest

15. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I didn't know Elston Turner coached him with the Kings. Could be a perfect storm.

16. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Guy may see 8 mpg, not that big a deal. Not going after forwards except for Anthony Bennett does concern me however. Iggy still remains in play, a 50/50 shot we get him it looks like. Just don't want to give up a first for him is all. A second and a not so terrible incoming contract please.

17. Clutch City1993

How do you figure 50/50?

18. forchette49

Between us and one of the Lakers last I read, was that fake news? I just can't see him on the Mavs, the only other team to express interest. Trade is us, buyout is the Lakers, 50/50.

#298 forchette49, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  19. Clutch City1993

Not sure. Seriously asking cause I have no idea. I think we're good as is but nothing wrong with some more veteran leadership in the locker room. Shump making too much money though.

20. forchette49

I just can't see him on the Mavs, the only other team to express interest. Trade is us, buyout is the Lakers, 50/50. The Lakers have even kept a roster spot open for him, JIC.