1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beavis and Butthead returning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mikol13, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

That might go up there with the top 10 funniest SNL skits. No way Heidi knew what she was going to see before the actual skit ran.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The cast seemed to think that skit was a lot funnier than I did.

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Would have been funnier if they would have attempted to pull off the voices.

Buck Turgidson and Bobbythegreat like this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think that's what made it funny. It seems like nobody else knew what Gosling and Mikey were going to be dressed as.

Keenan is just a seasoned vet. Everyone else lost it.

ima_drummer2k and GRENDEL like this.
  7. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

The Cornholio Tweet and explanation by Keenan was gold. "When he eats the sugar he becomes Cornholio"

They finally did something funny on SNL.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Heidi Gardner on breaking during SNL's Beavis and Butt-Head sketch: 'Couldn’t prepare for what I saw'

[​IMG]

Nothing could have prepared Heidi Gardner to see costar Mikey Day in full Butt-Head cosplay on Saturday Night Live — or so the star says after the moment, which resulted in her fully breaking character, went viral over the weekend.

In an interview with Vulture, Gardner said the fact that she broke for nearly 30 seconds, much to the cheering studio audience's delight, was an extra surprise for her since she had already "lost it" during the Beavis and Butt-Head sketch's dress rehearsals earlier on Saturday.

"This makes me feel almost even worse and unprofessional," she explained to the outlet. "When I looked and saw Mikey in the dress rehearsal, I lost it. I was shocked. I’m thinking about it right now and laughing. I recovered and tried to tell myself in between dress and the live show, 'You can’t laugh like that again.'"

She continued, "I was trying to imagine seeing him in my head so I was prepared for it, but I just couldn’t prepare for what I saw. I really tried. I even saw Mikey out of the corner of my eye seconds before I went live. I saw the red shorts. I knew I couldn’t look over there again. Mikey even told me later that he was bending down and hiding himself so I wouldn’t see him."

In the sketch in question, below, Gardner plays NewsNation host Bobbi Moore, who is hosting a town hall on the AI revolution. She welcomes an expert professor (Kenan Thompson) who is immediately distracted by a member of the audience: SNL host Ryan Gosling, who looks strikingly similar to the cartoon character Beavis, of Beavis and Butt-Head, with his blue shirt and blonde pompadour. Gardner breaks when she later sees Day's Butt-Head, with his gray shirt and exposed gums, and can't fully face the camera as she continues laugh-gasping.

To be fair to Gardner, only some of the prosthetics made their way into the dress rehearsal of the sketch. "The dress rehearsal was when the prosthetics made their debut — the noses and the mouths. I didn’t know about Mikey’s exposed gums and teeth," she told Vulture.

Though it got a great response from the audience, which Gardner said is "so nice," she admitted the moment gave her anxiety and she "left the stage a little bit in shock" because she felt like she didn't do her job properly. "It’s really hard for me to give myself any sort of credit because I didn’t do the job. I hope, for those guys and their portrayals of Beavis and Butt-Head, that it helped how shocked I was by how funny they were," Gardner said, adding, "And I hope it helps people think of the sketch. I’ll never be able to shake looking over my shoulder and seeing what I saw. That’s really special."

https://ew.com/heidi-gardner-breaking-snl-beavis-and-butt-head-sketch-8634009

ima_drummer2k and boomboom like this.
  9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I love Heidi. One of my favorite cast members. You can tell her reaction was 100% genuine and not just a lazy way to get cheap laughs like Jimmy Fallon used to do in every skit he was ever involved in....

GRENDEL likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Why didn't the even try it?