1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BCS Championship Game: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 2 Texas

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 5, 2009.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

2000 AFC Championship Game.

It wasn't fun.

2. Shovel Face

Shovel Face Member

Won't happen. Matt Schaub is CLUTCH.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bqWo-GswzJY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bqWo-GswzJY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Suck it, UT fan boy.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yeah, the winningest quarterback in the history of college football, Big 12 champion, Fiesta Bowl champion and three-time bowl MVP has zero clutch qualities. Tell me, what's the last postseason game Schaub and the Texans have been in? (And I ****ing love Matt Schaub and the Texans, as anyone on this board knows.)

Suck on that.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I remember that... who was the fat **** that bellyflopped on Gannon, Siragusa? Absolutely sucked.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

my thoughts...disappointing game to say the least.

Texas game out of the gate like gang busters but once colt went down it was over.

Bama got a freebee an was still not able to put it away until Texas' last drive where gilbert fumbled.

I was skeptical about UT being able to move the ball against bama after the Nebraska game but even witha backup qb they managed to put up some points. You can't help but think their offense would have done more with colt. That, plus the 3 gimme TDs due to gilbert t/o's...bama are the champs but i still can't help but think UT with colt was the better team.

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

What's it like to be drunk at 9:40am?

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rocketspimp let me introduce you to something called sarcasm.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yup, still hate that ****** to this day.

But the Defense gave up that horrendous 96 yard TD to an ancient Shannon Sharpe on 3rd and 17. Gotta man up.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It wasn't Landry Jones that lost that game, it was that Oklahoma's offensive line was a collection of rejects, freshman, and walking wounded. That's how you end up unranked and with 5 losses.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Handle it like this...http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4807053

Just got back from Pasadena and well I'm disappointed to say the least. Colt going out like that was pretty much the worst thing that could have happened to us and I still can't believe it happened. With that said, I'm extremely proud of the way our guys fought back at the end.

Hook 'Em

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

You're right. Bradford wouldn't have made a difference.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the level of hate towards UT and Colt McCoy. The dude couldn't feel his arm, but he's a pu**y for not coming back in the game. Are you people so unbelievably stupid and full of hate to think that he wouldn't have done anything to come back in? We even have a poster ragging on his religious beliefs. I believe this same poster said "It sucks to be Colt." Really? Maybe some of you need reminders of a few things...

1. He's got the most wins for a qb in FBS history.
    2. He's about to get his degree from the University of Texas
    3. He's about to be in the NFL. Who cares where he's drafted? Worst case scenario is he gets a few hundred thousand dollars just for signing his name.
    4. This is his girlfriend...
    [​IMG]

It absolutely does not suck to be Colt McCoy.

Congrats to Alabama on winning the NC. I have to think the game would have gone differently if McCoy was healthy, but thems the breaks. They have 2 great rb's and a very good defense. Were they so much better than UT as the majority of the nation said? No. They are a damn good team, though and will likely be #1 heading into next season.

Garret Gilbert will be ready and raring to go next season. The way it ended sucks, but he now knows what's ahead of him. Next season could very well end up with this exact same matchup, just in the the Orange Bowl.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

16-13.

Bradford out in the first Q.

If not for that, UT doesn't even get to play in the title game.

The "if" street runs both ways...

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Also, please don't give me this s*** about celebrating a player's injury. Not one of you can tell me that Bama fans weren't ecstatic about Colt going down.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What did Bradford do vs. BYU this year when he was healthy?

Answer: run for his life. Then get hurt.

Look at Colt vs. Nebraska - when you are passing team who can't pass block, you are screwed no matter what.

The biggest injury issue for OU this year was not Bradford but Jermaine Gresham - he was a vital outlet for a QB under pressure...with him they would have only lost 2-3 games.

16. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

...and Texas played the entire season without a single tight end.

17. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

Can someone answer this question? Did Da Dakota actually go to UT?

18. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Absolutely right, Bradford wouldn't have made a difference one bit!

19. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

What if Bradford hadn't been injured? I think we all know the answer to that one.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i've met her before. she was working at sullivan's before she started dating colt. she is smoking hot. she's about 6 feet tall, runs track at baylor, wants to be a sportscaster, loves rush limbaugh, and is a hardcore christian lol. my friend andrew was trying to bang her but she is waaay too goodie goodie to do anything. we were out on 6th with her and her dumb friends. they were hot but freaking annoying.

and for colt that guy has some issues he is hiding. i won't go into them but it really is true about those hardcore religious people having something to hide. he is a good guy and i could care less about what he likes, but the bible beating drives me crazy. hopefully he can keep the "girls" he likes quiet unlike tiger lol.