1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BCS Championship Game: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 2 Texas

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 5, 2009.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

bcs champs, brah

not national champs

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yep National Champs. I know it must hurt for you to say but just try for a while. You will eventually get use to it and after a while you will learn to except it an even possibly learn to love UT.

3. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Yeah, no hypocrisy around here at all. Nevermind. Keep changing the subject, I'm done.

4. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I hope bama wipes the field with UT.

5. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

How is that different than what Mack has done? DJ Monroe hasn't played a game since the allegations came out.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

7. crash5179

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

A neutral perspective.....

The BCS formula is one the biggest jokes in sports but it probably got it right this time in terms of selecting the two best teams to play each other. Nobody in their right mind should question whether or not Alabama deserves to be there and it's very difficult to ignore Texas' strength of schedule and overall dominance with the exception of a whopping two games. Plus, I know this isn't factored into the formula, but it's also quite difficult to ignore the elephant in the room -- that being how Texas was one of the three teams that were royally screwed last year. It only seems right that this group gets the benefit of the doubt this year.

Personally, I think the game of the year would have been Texas vs. Cincinnati. Two highly explosive, dangerous and dynamic offenses matched together in what would almost certainly turn into a shootout. Of course, this scenario was never even a possibility. Just saying it would have made for one hell of game. Likely much more interesting than the NC game will be.

Speaking of which, my best advice to the Horns and fans is to completely erase everything from yesterday from your minds. Make corrections and adjustments, for sure -- but right now Bama definitely has the mental edge and all the momentum in the world. Not only did they beat Florida -- they made it look easy. Meanwhile, I shouldn't have to remind anybody here what it took for Texas to take care of business last night. The point is that Alabama team smells blood and they're starting to believe that they can indeed win it all. That was always a question with Florida still in the picture but after mopping the floor with the Gators, you guys are nuts if you really think they're going to fear Texas in any capacity. I know it sounds cliched but Texas is going to have to want this one as bad as Alabama will. I know that shouldn't be a question since Texas has wanted to get to this point for two years now. Just saying, football is a sport dominated by momentums, hot/cold funks and the like. Right now Bama is the hottest team in football. It's up to the Horns to change that.

That said, congrats to you guys and good luck.

1 person likes this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll second this.

10. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

WTF are you blabbering about? Mack's players have suffered the same suspension fate when they get in trouble.

Did a UT player have sex with your sister and never call her back? Cuz there is definitely some underlying hate within you.

12. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Second X2

I've got nothing but respect for Texas. It's one of a handfull of programs that have the tradition, fanbase and success on par with Alabama's. I think it's a no-brainer that you guys are the second best team in the country right now and although I HATE the BCS and can't wait for a freakin playoff in college football, I too think it got it right this year.

That being said, thinking you played a better defense Saturday then you'll see in January is a mistake. Suh is the best defensive lineman in the country, probably the best defensive player period, but top to bottom Alabama's defense is incredible.

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I agree. I got up there last time but couldn't buy tickets the day of. I said I wouldn't make the same mistake twice. I paid around $260 for my reserve.

Did you have trouble finding a hotel? I see ya say the room is already booked?

14. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Coaches Poll Out

Great news for Texas. Easily number 2 (and somehow got 4 first place votes :eek: ). This all but assures a Bama/Texas Championship.

15. crash5179

I don't know. There is not much difference stats wise between NU and Bama... or Texas for that matter. The case could be made Big 12 offenses are better than SEC offenses. Plus I don't think there is any question that Bama has the better offense which keeps their defense off of the field more.

Typically if two defenses are as close as NU and Bama I would give the edge to the defense with the most dominating player and that goes to Suh. I look at Bama's defense more along the lines of the Texas defense, just a great defense but neither Texas nor Bama has a player like Suh.

16. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

do you guys know how much endzone tickets go as we get closer to the game? 1k a pop?

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

18. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Thats not really true though. Alabama is better in every important stat than Nebraska

YPG allowed UA 242 UN 285
    YPP allowed UA 4.06 UN 4.09
    Rushing YPG allowed UA 77.92 UN 95.46
    Rushing YPC allowed UA 2.76 UN 2.79
    Passing YPG allowed UA 163.77 UN 189.08
    Scoring Defense PPG UA 11 UN 11.23

The Big XII had a couple of great offenses this year.
    Texas A+M (5th in Total offense) they didn't play
    Texas Tech(7th in Total offense) lit them up for 31
    Texas(20th in Total offense)held them to 13 Great game for them

The Big XII had some good offenses this year
    Oklahoma(30th in Total offense) held them to 3 with no Bradford and the backup throwing 5 picks but still Great game for them
    Kansas(26th in Total offense)gave up 17 Great game
    Missouri(32nd in Total offense)held them to 12 Great game

The big XII had some bad offenses this year
    OSU(62nd in Total offense)
    ISU(75th in Total offense)gave up 9 Great Game
    CSU(82nd in Total offense)didn't play
    KSU(83rd in Total offense) held them to 3 Great game
    Baylor(86th in Total offense) held them to 10 Good Game
    Colorado(105th in Total offense) gave up 20 Bad Game

the only Out of conference game worth mentioning os Virginia Tech who they held to 16. Alabam played them and gave up 24 so advantage Nebraska untill you see the total yardage given up Bama gave up 155 total yards, Nebraska let them get 278.

Alabama on the other hand played
    Florida(12th in Total offense) held them to 13 Great game for us
    Arkansas(14th in Total offense) held them to 7 Great game for us
    Auburn(21st in Total offense) gave up 21 Not Great
    Ole Miss(42nd in Total offense) gave up 3 Great game for us
    Tennessee(48th in Total offense) gave up 10 Great game for us
    Mississippi State(66th in Total Offense) gave up 3 Great game
    South Carolina(76th in Total Offense) gave up 6 Great game
    Kentucky(90th in Total offense) gave up 20 Bad game
    LSU(108th in Total offense) gave up 15 Ok game huge rivalry

So as you can see, the notion that the Big XII's offense were so much better than the SEC's is false. They are about the same.

19. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

the family feud has begun at my house! I go to U of A while my whole family (Dad, mom, sister, cousins, etc) all went to Texas. Should be a good game but honestly Texas has struggled against better defenses this year. So I think Bama wins but it should be a close game.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Alabama has no one like Suh which makes all the difference. Suh was just dominating which took Texas out of their game. Take Suh out of the game and Texas would had 30+ points.