1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BCS Championship Game: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 2 Texas

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Landlord Landry

it shouldn't bother you as much as it does.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Doesn't bother me. I just think it is dumb and getting tired now.

(That goes for all eye black messages... area codes.. shout outs... etc)

3. Landlord Landry

what about naked lady silhouette?

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

LOL

You may be onto something there.

5. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

I'm not saying who will win, it should be a great game and I love Bama. Nick Saban almost always has a well prepared team going into a big game, especially with time to prepare (to be fair they did let their guard down after losing to Florida last year facing a very good Utah team in the Sugar Bowl, Andre Smith did not play in that game). While Auburn did stop Ingram, they did not stop Trent Richardson. Also Florida was the number 1 defense in the country, Bama gashed them for 251 yards on the ground, many of those after contact, Texas better wrap up.

All the talk will be about Mack Brown versus Nick Saban, but I want to see how the battle between the defenses will play out, Kirby Smart versus his friend Will Muschamp. I will also point out that according to the numbers Bama's defense is better than Nebraska's.

The keys will be McElroy for Bama, and Texas finding a running game to keep Saban from unleashing on Colt McCoy. Bama will play the Texas receivers very physical like Nebraska did. Also it should be mentioned that Greg McElroy (Southlake Carroll) just wins games ;-)

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I will also point out that has more to do with the styles of offenses in the SEC as compared to the Big XII.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I guess you're unfamiliar with Mount Cody. He held Knowshon to 34 yards last year.

...but I'm sure Tre Newton and the UT-Austin o-line will be up for the challenge. *snicker*

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Mount Cody ain't the DT that Texas saw last night. Texas can't run, anyway...unless Colt is doing it.

9. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Unfortunately for Texas fan, it's Nick Saban with a month to scheme against Greg Davis. Yikes...

On the other hand, Will Muschamp will definitely come up with some creative schemes against the Alabama offense. Gene Chizik will be on the phone a lot in the coming month...book it.

10. Tuan

Tuan Member

This game will come down to Bama's qb. I am not sure if McElroy could keep up this type of play; he certainly has not done so throughout the year.

Bama's D is good but their front 4 isnt as good as Nebraska, and they are known more of a run stopping D, something Texas obviously isnt good at anyways.

The win over Fl was nevertheless impressive, but they benefited greatly from Dunlop's boneheaded decision. Texas D is pretty dominant and they can rush the qb too.

Should be a good game, but I think Texas will win because they are the more balanced team. If Bama is able to put on the type of pressured Nebraska did, the game will not even be close.

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

that was 5 years ago and the only bad team we've had in a decade (but you did beat the HELL out of us). We beat you the last time we played you and would absolutely destroy Tech this season. Not even close

Congrats to the Horns and best of luck beating Bama...I'll be pulling for you

#91 Blake, Dec 6, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  12. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Hey remember when you said Florida was the best team in the country? *snicker*

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I always find it interesting when SEC teams (Bama and Florida) have near losses to unranked teams but no one thinks anything negative about them. Bama should have lost to un-ranked Auburn last week but squeaked one out. There were other games (Tennessee) where Bama should probably have lost but pulled it out... barely.

UT has one game all year where the out come was in question (Yes A&M scored a lot of points put Texas lead most of the game and won going away) at the end of the game. And yet some want to question UT's right to be in the National Championship Game. Whatever, SEC bias is alive and well.

Also, I keep hearing how Ingram wrapped up the Heisman with his performance yesterday because Colt did not have a great game. OK, so where was this logic last week when Colt had a performance of a lifetime (300+ passing yards and 175 rushing yards) while Ingram was rushing for 30 yards at 1.5 yards per carry against Auburn? SEC bias again, whatever.

Everyone complained when UT went to the Rose Bowl against Michigan instead of Cal but UT won. UT has not lost a Bowl Game in over 5 years. UT should have been in the Championship Game last year but Zero U represented the Big 12 even though their record was not better than UT's plus they lost on the field to UT. UT's bowl victories the last 5 years have included games against Michigan, USC and Ohio State so they know how to win big games against big programs.

Alabama got their Ass kicked by Utah last year in their bowl game. Welcome to the National Championship Game against UT Bama you are going to need all the luck you can to stay win this game because Mack has secured his place in college football history winning games like this.

University of Texas 2009 National Champs! Get use to it.

14. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Colt won't win the Heisman unless the majority of voters turned in their ballots before the Nebraska game. It's all about "what have you done for me lately" and Colt's performance last night was not a "Heisman moment" at all.

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Stop crying Texas fans. SEC teams have been getting slammed around here all season, and every single week for each of those games you mentioned. Don't cry when it's your turn.

16. bigtexxx

Ok, perhaps I was wrong....they are the second best behind Bama. It didn't help that Dunlap didn't play. His team SUSPENDED HIM in the biggest game of the year for his DWI. Mack's morals aren't even close to that....

17. bigtexxx

can't say "national champs", even if UT-Austin wins the game. TCU, Cincy, Boise St would all beg to differ

18. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

It's ok when Alabama and Flordia play close games, but not Texas, using the ESPN logic

19. crash5179

And SEC teams have been ranked 1 and 2 all season long despite those close games. SEC bias alive and well. Guess what, regardless of all that, no SEC team will be ranked in the top 2 spots after the Bowls. UT will win just like they have every time they have ever played Bama and just like they have during the last 5 Bowls.

20. crash5179

They may beg to differ but begging is all that they will get. Who had the tougher schedule? UT of course. The beauty of course is that you don't need to say it in order for it to be a fact. UT will be the National Champs.