1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BCS Championship Game: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 2 Texas

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

The same OkSt that didn't score a single point against OU? Nope.

2. Mr. Space City

i dont think LSU could beat Nebraska with that D

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Haha..safe to say we all make our mistakes. :)

*Proofreading post*

Anyhow, I hope for nothing less than a competitive game

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Guys.... Guys... lets all settle down here... A few years ago Ohio State got upset by LSU. Anything can happen. We should've all learned from tonight by what Nebraska almost did that anything can happen.

5. Anticope

Anticope Member

Ha based on what? OK state just got rolled by a crappy OU team.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

So if Texas wins... will you cover the money I bet on and pay it all back to me Anticope? :)

7. Mr. Space City

i really like alabama (love ingram) but people.

florida and bama played last year against UF and lost. nick saban knew he would have to play florida again in the SEC championship and has been planning for this for a year now.

florida is the exact same team they were last year (tebow might have even digressed) but bama is a new team.

saban had the better game plan and knew from his mistakes last year on how to stop tebow and Floridas defense.

8. kikimama

kikimama Member

Man, Texas is going to rape Alabama. Texas played safe so they can prepare for the championship game!!

9. Anticope

Anticope Member

I would probably just be in shock that you, of all people, would be picking against Texas.

10. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Nebraska's D is awesome but that O is one of the worst I've ever seen at a "big time" program. Eventually one of the playmakers on LSU's offense would make a play.(much like the UT game tonight)

That said, all this is really just "what if" fodder and people will think what they think.

As far as the BCS Title game, heres to a injury free great game ending in a fantasic Alabama victory. ROLL TIDE!!!

11. astros148

astros148 Member

LSU O is almost as bad as Nebraskas

12. Mr. Space City

ionno.

LSU doesn't have a QB as good as Colt Mccoy or a WR like Shipley, and their defense isn't as good as Texas either.

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

14. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

i dont know why people keep assuming TCU would be in if Texas lost. I'm pretty sure Cinncinatti would get in, and would have earned the right to get in. They played one more game and beat a ranked opponent.

15. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

Seriously, citing an internet poll?

As is probably apparent, I'm not a big UT fan, but there is no possible argument for ranking TCU ahead of them. Texas has played a pretty week schedule, but TCU's has been much, much worse. Sagarin's SOS has UT at 49 and TCU at 84.

Despite my arguments, I think Texas can beat Bama, but the sheer unadulterated and unwarranted confidence of some Horn fans is what galls me.

Then again, I'd be in the nuthouse if I let Longhorn arrogance get to me very often.

16. Anticope

Anticope Member

I think it's the fashion in which TCU has won. They haven't played a strong schedule, but they dominated everyone they played except for Clemson and Air Force, two above-average teams.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This system is ****ing r****ded

1 person likes this.
  18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

repped

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dqQ8AHCrCtw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dqQ8AHCrCtw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  19. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I completely agree with UT being #2 and its not close. TCU, Cincy, Boise great years but you needed one of the top dogs to lose and they didn't. It sucks but it is what it is.

As far as UT being able to beat Bama, well of course it CAN happen but realistically Bama probably wins this game 7-8 times if they played 10.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

DonnyMost gets repped by Bigtexxx.

If THAT doesnt tell you the BCS is ***ked up.

NOTHING WILL