1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baylor University Sexual Assault Scandal Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brando2101, Jun 13, 2016.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Dude Baylor absolutely had to fire Art. They wouldn't have otherwise. And what happened to this sentiment?

Sorry for me venting but Baylor's administration has only looked out for themselves. This isn't about giving the victims justice. If that was the case, they would have fired the entire staff both in football or anyone near the cases immediately. At this point, I don't even know what it was about. I do know that the fan base is suffering. Baylor didn't have to take a shotgun and shoot themselves in the face like they have.

If you don't know what it was about, apparently it was about doing the right thing and not so much about justice for the victims. Seems like you're pissed about them not doing enough as well as doing something you believe they didn't have to.

1 person likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Uh, no ****. Baylor will come back around soon, and I hope they do.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We keep getting punched in the gut. I don't know how to feel about this sometimes. I'm one of the few Baylor fans that said Briles deserved to be fired even before it happened. It doesn't mean that I have to be happy about any of this and I'm also not happy about the board. I do think making KB the interim coach would have been okay because keeping them on the staff may be the same thing to most people.

I hope you're right Buck. To go from a contender year in and year out in the making to what has happened is hard to stomach. We'll probably see another couple of transfers. Sep 2 can't come fast enough

#123 sammy, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  4. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Honestly man, just get over it. Football is not so important that it should be ruining your life.

5. sammy

For sure.

6. Nook

Nook Member

He should have 2 years.

7. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

When it's your alma mater it's more than just about football. It's about the disappointment and sadness of how it all went down. It's about the destroyed reputation of the school.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Baylor had to fire Briles and they knew it... The problem is that they were arrogant enough to think that would be enough.

Stidham was dominant as a true sophomore last year. I find it self serving to say that he wasn't going to start when it comes out that he was going to transfer.

Baylor still has some weapons, I suspect next year they will be better than 2-3 years from now.

9. sammy

Stidham is a true Sophomore this year and he was definitely not going to start over Seth Russell. He would get run in blowouts like last season.

The common person won't know how much talent Baylor has or doesn't have. You would be surprised to know that there are a lot of players that haven't hit the field that are rated pretty high. Blake Lynch (RS Freshman) is rated very closely to Corey Coleman. Ishmael Zamora (true Soph) isn't too far behind and neither is Pooh Stricklin (RS Fr). Jared Atkinson is a name to remember too. Big frame, fast and might get run as a true freshman due to losing Dickson and Duvernay. Briles was stacking up a stupid amount of weapons. He can run the wildcat like Jefferson and T Will can.

Running back depth looks great even after Kam Martin bouncing. Jamychal Hasty another RS FR is rated slightly higher than T Will (true Soph) was who was a beast last season. Both of these guys are rated higher than Johnny Jefferson and Linwood and right around where Kam was.

Zach Smith has a 88 rating compared to Seth who came in at 85. He's already bigger than both Russ and Stidham. We need a QB badly in the 17 class. The next coach will have some things to work with. This transferring issue may not be over though

#129 sammy, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  10. Hustle Town

Honestly, if my school had done something like this, then I would say f*** my school.

11. Buck Turgidson

I googled "juco sex scandal" and all I got were articles about Rick Pitino.

12. sammy

You wouldn't truly know unless it happened.

Btw, just read Grobe is getting paid 2 million bucks for a 6 month gig. Must be nice!

13. sammy

Missed this post. Everything I've ever heard and read about Stidham, is that he's 3 and out. He'll play one season after he sits out 16 and go pro.

14. Nook

Nook Member

I am very familiar with Stidham, he did exceptionally well last year. You in the last few weeks believed he would be starting and Baylor would be fine as long as they had Stidham. So rumors come out Stidham will transfer... He does transfer... And after it happens the HC said he wasn't going to start. Sorry not buying it at all.

Yes, Baylor has talent and some depth. They are in the Big XII and were a top 10 qualify team the last few years in a talent rich state. The problem is that they are playing in a competitive conference against teams that have talent as well. I suspect next year they will do very well out of conference. Years 2-3 may be the more lean years. Depending on how well the team is playing in year 3 will go a long way in determining the direst of the program. If they are still winning at year 3, top recruits will start funneling in again.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Okay, I miss understood. Yes, if Stidham does really well where ever he goes (and there will be a lot of interest) then I could see him go pro.

16. Buck Turgidson

Holy Ken Starr's nutsack, you think so?

17. Hustle Town

Hilarious. I guess I just don't prioritize blind loyalty to my university over victimizing women and then covering it up.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Northwestern State, SMU, Rice to start the year.... Would be shocked if they don't start 3-0.... Also have Kansas, that is 4 guaranteed wins... Iowa State and Kansas State are games they should at least split... That makes them 5-1.

They should beat TT... That makes them 6-1

Texas, OK St., TCU, Oklahoma, WV are the remainder left. They have a chance to win 1-2 of those games.

That makes them somewhere between 6-6 and 8-4.

I think the bigger questions will be 2-3 years from now. They cannot really afford to have their under classmen develop, because if that happens, they could be under .500% for awhile, until they land a good coach.

Program won't be as bad as it was, but I also don't see it ever being as good as it has been the last few years anytime time in the next decade unless they land an excellent coach.

19. Buck Turgidson

That's a bold stand.

I hope you realize I was making a joke earlier, but I'm serious about the Pitino google (although to be fair, there were Billy Gillespie and Baylor articles mixed in)

20. Buck Turgidson

This was my point, Baylor schedules nobody OOC.