1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Basketball Breakdown How Ty Lawson fits with Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Audioout, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Audioout

Audioout Member

3 people like this.
  2. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

thanks!

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Love his vids, and all sounded good to me. Thanks for posting!

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Thanks for sharing. Pretty exciting to think of what could be next season and the extra dimension he'll provide us.
    Also makes you wonder based on that clip why the likes of Lowry and Dragic turned us down and whether Beverley's stats are helped by playing alongside Harden.
    Anyway, can't wait for the season to start!

5. jdjd

jdjd Member

thanks for posting!

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

vidfeo is fake. the rockets don't run any set plays.

7. Nook

Nook Member

The defensive issues of Lawson are being somewhat overblown. If the Rockets could tolerate Terry on the court, then they will be fine with Lawson. Also everyone wants a player that always plays hard, but the reality is Lawson plays better, especially defensively when he is on a good team.

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Drive and kick to drive and kick to corner three

9. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Damn, that got me excited.

People will be saying the Rockets' chances ride on Lawson's chemistry and off-court issues, but secretly I think Lawson, Harden, and Ariza are all going to be dependable and rock-solid...and our ultimate fate will depend on whether we get the best version of Dwight and also what happens at the 4 spot.

10. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Love BasketballBreakdown, def my favorite in depth analysis videos online. This got me really excited.

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I love this guy. Dude is legit.

I didn't think I could be more excited about Lawson joining the team, but now I am...

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

great vid... so many options on this team. i do think we are as stacked as any team in the west now and can run so many different lineups to match with anyone.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

McHale doesn't run many plays, but he has given Harden the freedom to create shots for himself and others. McHale will give Lawson the opportunity to run plays for the team. I believe Harden and Lawson will be able to adapt to each other. James will become the secondary playmaker now.

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

"Without question, if they stay healthy and things off the court work themselves out, the Rockets will be a team no one wants to play. The never-say-die culture has already been installed, as evidenced by their comeback against the Clippers, and their roster now has some serious firepower to contend for that bloodbath that is also known as the Western Conference playoff bracket"

Can't wait for next season to start!

15. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

He fits with Houston because he was drafted in 2009, Moreys favorite draft.

16. Lando

Lando Member

Thanks for posting, I'm pretty stoked we got Ty.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I was already pretty fired up when the news broke that we traded for him, but the more I think about the possibilities, the more excited I get. I seriously think this has the potential to vault us back into the #2 seed in the West. Last season, teams could literally sag on Harden since Ariza was the only other threat to punish them from long distance. Now, with Lawson, he's elite at getting to the basket, and he's a phenomenal passer. This takes so much pressure off Harden in terms of not only scoring, but facilitating.

18. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

...Lol'd @ BoingVert

I too love his videos. Ty actually did some videos with him a while back. Good watch!

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

^^^same. While I think Hardens overall numbers will go down, teams won't be able to double/triple him. I don't see him having those off nights he would have at times the last few seasons when teams would take him out of his rhythm.

20. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Excellent recap on how TyL can help.