1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Backup center suggestion] Get Rasho Nesterovic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston22, May 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Since he plays for our country I know a little more about him.
    Anyways, he's not top notch, but this guy has not been used in this league properly. He can bring you tough defense and has much more offense than any NBA team has really used.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I like it. Now who's going to be our starter?

3. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Deke :)

4. KareemOlajuwon

He's slow and turning 33 by the end of the month. I think the best move would be getting a younger and athletic big for some energy off the bench. Maybe one who can make a dunk look good since Yao isn't really a high flyer.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I been wanting Nesterovic for a while now. He might not be very quick but they guy is a smart player. Sometimes not having all the athleticism in the world is okay.

What Nesterovic could bring is very valuable. He has a solid jump shot, a decent hook shot, plus he is a good rebounder, decent shot blocker, and can play good defense. He is also a good passer.

I think he would be a good back up for the Rockets. Plus he does have the ability to play starter minutes and not fold which is an important thing we should look at.

6. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Rasho is a stiff. No thanks.

7. Seth

Seth Member

I personally would try to steal Gortat from the Orlando Magic, a big 7 footer with skills and personality.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

My thinking exactly.

DD

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I highly doubt we'll be able to steal him. It's worth a try though.

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

They have another 7 footer with skills and personality that I wouldn't mind having...

Heh, I know, I know.

11. Seth

Seth Member

Orlando will be over the cap if turkoglu takes his option of 7 million dollars, wich i doubt he will.

After they resign turkoglu for say 10 millions they will be way over the cap, Gortat has not really played a lot ( http://www.nba.com/playerfile/marcin_gortat/index.html) this year so i doubt they go hard after him.

A MLE offer will get him here, and be sure he is a very though player, hard worker and very good on both sides of the court.

I found this youtube history video of him, very good, can see the player himself very well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nuN33LvHiw

12. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Marcin Gortat aka the Polish Hammer. I wanted him as a backup to Yao.

13. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

I like this idea a lot. Miami also has a very good candidate for the job in Joel Anthony.

14. abc2007

abc2007 Member

If the rockets are only able to sign one, Gortat or Wafer, but not both, what would you guys prefer?

15. Seth

Seth Member

We use our early bird rights on wafer and the MLE on gortat, no problem there.
    We should trade T-Mac asap to have some cap flexibility.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If we're talking washed up players, I got a way better suggestion:

Kelvin Cato

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNET5Sfvdjs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNET5Sfvdjs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

Good idea. I would like to keep Artest. So I like to get this done via trade involving Tmac with Resho and some expirings.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

you dont want a stiff and slow center backing up another slow and stiff center. They need a one two punch at the center position like we have at the PG spot. Two different guys that give you different looks.

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

You and I both could only wish for something like this...there's no way the Magic let Gortat walk unless someone overpays.

...but i don't want Rasho. Where's Stephen A when you need him...

20. Houston22

Houston22 Member

I know why you all like Gortat, but there are two things that won't make him a Rocket:
    1) Magic won't let him go
    2) His offensive skills are emphasized playing along offensively limited Howard.
    so some other team might overpay him and even make him a starter