1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

B O'B has to be the Dumbest Football Coach.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Sep 9, 2018.

1. blackistan

blackistan Member

Surprised he wasn't offered an extension after the game...worst coach even worse owner

RasaqBoi, deb4rockets and BigShasta like this.
  2. ballgame

ballgame Member

After separating myself from this fiasco the past 2 days...…..B O'B's coaching problems are becoming more evident and unfortunately I don't see them changing. His shortcomings as a coach are glaring; CLOCK MISMANAGEMENT, DECISIONS UNDER PRESSURE (WHEN TO FOR IT GO ON 4TH DOWNS), PLAY CALLING AND TRUSTING HIS PLAYERS. All things that a good Head Coach needs to when a Super Bowl.

I can go back to when the Texans last played the Cowboys, in OT, Aaron Foster is literally eating up yards, and B'OB elects to pass on 2nd and 3rd down, all the he had to do was keep running and kick the Field Goal. Last yr, the debacles in Seattle and New England, not trusting his players, play calling, in game decisions (knowing when to go for it on 4th down)…...SAME THINGS YR IN AND YR OUT!

3. HstnSprtsFan101

Josh McCown HC 2019

4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I think he’s definitely going to be a coach. Maybe as soon as two years.

5. HstnSprtsFan101

Forsure. It would be bold to give him the jump straight into HC but some team may with how highly he is regarded around the league.

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Just wondering, if we smoke the Titans next week, was it a good gameplan by BOB or just the players playing well?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well if they win 3-0, I'll credit Crennel

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Considering we will be playing one of the weakest teams on our schedule, and maybe without their QB, it would be hard to get too excited over anyone looking great. Maybe you or I could even coach this one. I would even try something unexpected, like not running on every first down.

houstonstime likes this.
  9. magichat281

magichat281 Member

dont talk to me crazy man. i didnt talk to u like that so chill out. Punkass fool. this is an opinon so we can share calm your hormones down.

10. fattz

fattz Member

Any player would look bad when put in a non winning situation. We have an athletic mobile quarterback that’s asked to be a pocket passer. We also have guards thet can pull, too. Why aren’t we running waggles or boots and letting our quarterback shine in his natural element open space. Hopkins would be one on one with a cornerback with his backside open for possession catches every other play. Miller runs better in open space off the first card so if we were to spread the defense there would be lanes for Miller to find success as well. On top of all of this the offenseline can run block and this would take pressure off of the pass blocking deficit. Just random thoughts from game one.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Youre right, I shouldnt talk to children crazy. I should empathize with them cause they dont know any better.

12. ballgame

ballgame Member

THIS PROBABLY DESERVES IT'S OWN THREAD but Brian Gaine is starting to get on my last nerve with only signing EX-BILL'S PLAYERS TO FILL OUT OUR ROSTER!!!

I know he probably scouted these players but It's not like the Bills are a great organization. There are other players out there! Also, this is starting a bad precedence, HE FALLS IN LOVE HIS PLAYERS; players he scouted, drafted, etc.

13. Mr. Clutch

But seriously if the offensive system is operating smoothly, if the playcalling is good, and the time management is excellent then yes he gets credit. If the offense explodes for 30+ points like last year he deserves credit. Some people will credit the players but the coach has to put them in good spots to succeed.

deb4rockets and houstonstime like this.
  14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Fair assessment, if the coach is to blame for losses (mostly) then he should also get credit for wins unless there are some crazy dumb calls that we win in spite of.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've noticed that too.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Watson is only an athletic mobile QB then the Texans are in trouble going forward. Any QB in the NFL has to be good enough to make easy throws to wide open players and that's something Watson failed at in week 1. You seem to think that's because he's not good enough to be a pocket passer, I think it just has to do with him being rusty due to not getting enough reps in preseason.

We'll see what happens going forward, but Watson had more than enough time to throw in week 1, the 2nd most time to throw of any QB in the NFL in week 1. The O line isn't an excuse this year.

17. fattz

fattz Member

Let me clarify my statement, put the player in the best position for him to be the most effective. You are right he should be able to do what is ever asked of him. I could drive a tank to work as my daily driver because it is a form of transportation. But the tank is better suited for battlefields.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He lacks that extra smarts that some coaches have he is far too predictable.

DD

coachbadlee likes this.
  19. HstnSprtsFan101

He accepted a penalty that netted the Titans 7 yards and another down with the clock winding down

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

He was too busy yelling at the refs to think about declining.

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.