1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aziz N'Diaye

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by STR8Thugg, Feb 12, 2013.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I didn't see a thread on this guy, so I took the liberty to start one.

Really interesting prospect… Legit 7' tall with good size (listed ~260lbs), so he has plenty of room to grow.

I think he could eventually develop into a starter in the NBA, and he seems to possess a skillset that would allow him to defend both PF's and C's. All defense Pac-12 last season, and his offensive is improving. He is still a PATHETIC free throw shooter, but the potential looks promising.

He is a pretty good shot blocker, but he could improve some given his natural ability. A big plus is that he has decreased his fouling while his minutes have increased. Typically these shot-blocker/defense types can have problems staying on the court, so that may be one of his biggest attributes.

There aren’t many highlights of this guy, but the one I did find I put below. It gives you a sense of what he can do. Not many C’s can block a shot, recover it, dribble the length of the floor and slam it down…Impressive :eek:

Anyone who knows more about this guy (any Pac-12 or UW students maybe?), please help out. I would love to get some more insight about him.

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/aziz_ndiaye_638065.html

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z9ZOMF7lrCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. STR8Thugg

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sign 'em all! The Houston N'Diayes!

5. STR8Thugg

The Real Aziz...

[​IMG]

6. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

That was a pass he "blocked". Still an impressive sequence.

Loved the coach's reaction.

7. TRAV

TRAV Member

was he on that espn documentary

8. TheReason

TheReason Member

I've seen him play quite a bit over the last couple years. He's got great upside, but as a UW fan he can be incredibly frustrating to watch sometimes.

The one thing that he's really struggled with are his hands. He's gotten a little better over the years, but still drops a lot of catchable balls. His post moves have also improved, but he still has a pretty limited offensive impact, especially considering his poor free throw shooting. I'd also like to see him work on his lower body strength, sometimes he gets overpowered down low by guys half his size.

Overall, I think he's a solid defensive presence (very good shot blocker and rebounder) that could probably go late first round based on potential alone, but he needs a lot of work if he wants to survive in the league.

1 person likes this.
  9. STR8Thugg

Which one?

10. STR8Thugg

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That was a travel. He took steps before he even started to dribble the ball.