1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Auto-play ads

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Nolen, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

On occasion I'm getting ads that are auto-playing (by that I mean video AND audio) some German programming (I'm located in Germany.) Also getting ads for games that randomly open a new tab in Firefox.

I totally want the Clutch crew to get revenue for this wonderful site, but these ads are pretty intrusive.

Is there perhaps a membership tier where I could pay to not have ads? Lord knows y'all deserve it; this is probably my most-visited site since 1997.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

3. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

The last 4 or 5 days I've had some issues with autoplay ads starting when the mouse cursor is nowhere near the ad or when I'm actually reading something on another open browser window. I'm using the current version of IE11.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=251686

The last ad was for Temptations Cat treats. Another ad was Geico and another for some candy.. maybe Snickers? Usually there are two ads side by side and it's the first ad on the left that starts playing.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm getting a lot of auto play ads that are audio and I can't figure out where it's coming from. So, I just close clutch fans until I can mute my computer. :(

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I never have a problem with auto-play ads. My security system blocks out most ads anyway. What I DO have a problem with are the damned videos members post that auto-play. I absolutely hate that. What baffles me is that some of them are posted by contributing members that should know better, and who have the ability to edit their posts, yet don't.