1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin Viewing Party Option (Game 4 and on)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by walker, Apr 25, 2009.

1. ssk256

ssk256 Member

Lets do a Austin meet up for rocket fans for game 5!

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

were any of you at the Posse East last night? I got there very late with about 3 minutes left, but there was a group wearing red. Wasn't sure if was any Clutchfans....

3. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

^^Coaches on Barker Cypress and I-10 was packed last Friday with Rocket fans! They also played the audio!! Plasmas everywhere. Im going back tomorrow :D

4. mnkyman

mnkyman Member

...make a new thread

5. Showtizzle2642

so whats up with game 5?
    which place has nbatv?
    dirty martins was beyond awesome, good time, but no nbatv

6. mnkyman

mnkyman Member

A couple friends and I are thinking about hitting up Pluckers off Rio Grande (the one next to campus)...

7. Kooshie

Kooshie Member

WEAK excuse lol. You should have just asked me, I'm taking Fjetland also and had em done

8. Kooshie

Kooshie Member

Also, where is it going to be at tonight?

DD are you going to make at least one game man? I still have yet to meet you.

I'm thinking it has to be plucker's, cuatros, or austin pizza? I'm leaning a little towards austin pizza myself b/c pluckers will be packed.

You have to take into consideration that not only is houston playing, but DALLAS and SAN ANTONIO tonight so it will be bad...

9. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

austin's pizza does not have NBATV (or at least they did not for game 3). pluckers does. just a heads up.

10. mnkyman

mnkyman Member

ya I have fjetland too and needed to finish two lab reports lol

-------

Ya we were originally planning to go to double daves but they close at 11, then we thought, ok how about austins pizza but they close at 12....that's cutting it a little to close, we might get kicked out before the end of the game....

I called up pluckers and they said they are probably going to have spurs/mavs inside and rockets outside (or vice versa). The dallas game starts at 8:30 and the guy recommended getting there at 8 to get a table for the rockets game...we were thinking of just showing up at 10-10:30.

The other option is to go to the pluckers on Burnett (in Far West). About a 10 minute drive from campus.

11. doEmDirtyLandry

i'll be at bagpipes up north. it'll be packed with lots of dal/sa fans too... but we have the earilier tipoff so we can more then likely get better seats.

12. mnkyman

mnkyman Member

:confused: There game starts at 8:30, ours starts at 9

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Hmm. Cuatros was awesome the last time we went. Third Base was also a good choice. What about the Tavern on 12th and Lamar? I use to go watch Rockets games there all the time and it was a good place to go. They also had decent food.

14. astros148

astros148 Member

what? i live there! is it still going be good today?

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone? Any ideas?

16. c00n4l

c00n4l Member

I called Cuatro's and they said they said that they would carry it on the large outside deck, because it's not nationally televised. So you could check that out...

17. c00n4l

c00n4l Member

they said*

18. Showtizzle2642

kooshie, elpigto it was real fun last time at dirtry martins we should me at cuatros i'll be there for sure.

And anyone who wants to join... we should just say cuatros and all meet up

sound good? :)

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'll be at Cuatros. The Spurs/Mavs game won't be interrupting? I know they have plenty of screens but it would be great if they had the Rockets/Blazers game in the big screen.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I just called Cuatros and they will be showing the game on the big screen. I'll be heading overthere right now, apparently the place is already getting packed according to the person who I talked to on the phone. Hope to see you there.