1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin Rivers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by seeingredtx, Jan 17, 2018.

1. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So cp3 must have told the homies stories about doc and his treatment with his son and that’s why they were giving it extra to mr tight jeans

3. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Austin is his son. It's stupid to think that Doc will just suddenly forget that and treat him like he isn't. For anyone that has worked in a similar environment (co-worker is child of boss), you just accept that he won't be treated as just another co-worker and deal with it.

Doc's job is to look out for his son same as any of us would do with our son. To do any less would mean a dereliction of paternal duty.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

Austin rivers is a little b****...the only reason he has a job is cause of his daddy. If doc didn’t have the pull he had Austin would be team hopping or out the league

D-rock likes this.
  5. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

Nope....work is work and personal is personal. You need to learn to keep it separate

Richie_Rich and Tfor3 like this.
  6. MONON

MONON Member

I disagree. I coached both my sons in Little League. One practice, I overheard my older son tell my younger son this: You're learning and doing ok, Dave. But Dad's a coach. He's harder on us because he doesn't want to show favoritism. I hadn't realized that till then. On the field or in the work place, you need to just as hard or harder on relatives! Otherwise you loose the team or office. ie Clippers!

Richie_Rich, D-rock, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  7. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

You can't compare little league and top professional leagues. Little league is just extracurricular activity for you sons with no stake.

NBA on the other hand for Austin carries the highest stakes. Therefore I can't fault Doc for doing everything he can to help his son succeed. Any poster here in Doc's place would do the same. If they say otherwise they are either a liar or a bad Dad.

Astrodome likes this.
  8. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I hate every clipper there is and Austin is one of the main ones but the guy deserves to be in the league and playing regular minutes for his team. He's no worse than every other fringe starter/backup off the bench type.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

austin is a superstar whether we like it or not. sure shot hof. we need to quit hating.

Soneca and Pen15clubber like this.
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Then Doc needs to be fired for the Clippers underachieving AND for this horse and pony show with his kid. Time to break up " Daddy Ball"

11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

13. Nook

Nook Member

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I'm no fan of Austin Rivers, but he actually gained respect from a lot of people with how he played that night.

15. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I heard a rumor he slept with CP3's old lady and says her stuff taste like coco pebbles..

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's just the opposite. If you are a professional, you should respect your profession and put your personal agendas aside. That's the very basic meaning of being professional.

Doc can go coach little league if he wants family ties.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  17. Soneca

Soneca Member

That was supposed to be positive on Austin Rivers but sounded really bad. It's actually as nice as it can be, just an idea of how bad this dad-son bullsheet really is. They are getting just the respect they deserve: none!

18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

True, but Doc has no business playing his son if he sucks.

19. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Austin Rivers doesn't suck. He has decent production. He certainly is playing much better than Ryan Anderson. I don't see any issue with his playing time, coach being his father or not. Ryan Anderson gets a lot more playing time for a lot more money and Dantoni isn't even Ryan's dad.

#19 celebrevida, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  20. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Alright guys, we got a little league coach here to tell us what's up.

SIL

Pen15clubber likes this.