1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aug. 1: Please trade Cato and Walt

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 24, 2001.

Tags:
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Please trade them for anything. Nothing can be worse. They just do not have the desire to win.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

just not for a foreigner [​IMG]

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Olajuwon was a foreigner. How about just no Germans? [​IMG]

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Ok, so you prefer Walt and Cato over Dirk Nowitzki...fine, your choice [​IMG].

5. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Oh no no no...I agree, trade them...just trade them....ahh skip it! [​IMG]

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I prefer Walt and Cato to bull him over.

7. Band Geek Mobster

FYI my birthday is August 2nd. All I ask for my bday is Chris Webber. [​IMG] That and Rockets season tickets.

------------------
    Mmmm ... open-faced club sand wedge.

8. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Lose Cato, and the Rockets will be fine. I still think Walt could be a valuable reserve in a playoff situation. A bench player capable of exploding for 20 points is a nice asset. Cato, though, is just not playing well. His defense is not what it should be. Maybe a change of scenery would help him.
    People forget that without Walt, the Rockets would have almost no true pure shooter. He has had a bad season, but is stil capable of exploding at any time, like against Seattle. He is not a starter, but he can be a good reserve. Keep Walt, lose Cato.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Get rid of Walt as well. He might score 20 once in a while, but how often does he win a game for the Rockets? Did he win it against the Sonics? We need people who can single-handedly turn a game around. I'd much rather see Langhi develop instead of wasting time with Walt.

10. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Trade Cato for a 20yr old German LOL [​IMG] In real life he is really 34 [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Offseason Trade Scenario 1:

SACRAMENTO gets:
    Walt Williams
    Kelvin Cato
    Kenny Thomas
    Jason Collier
    2 First Rounders

HOUSTON gets:
    Chris Webber

and uses the cap space to sign Marc Jackson and resign Mo Taylor.

Trade Scenario 2:

ANYONE gets:
    Kelvin Cato
    Walt Williams

HOUSTON gets:
    a pencil... a really good pencil, you know, one of those that are so hard to find. A really good pencil is priceless.

Side Note:

I have been unstoppable with my predictions the last two weeks. Some one take me to Vegas. I have predicted correct 14 of the last 17 combined games that Houston, Minn, and Pho have played, only missing the Hou-Clips, Pho-Bos, and Pho-Por games. I predicted the rest of the season for all three teams back then and came up with all 3 having a 48-34 record, and that's a CONSERVATIVE prediction. Mark my words: The Rocks are not out of the race! All they have to do is beat Utah and they'll be right back on track. Believe me, Pho and especially Minnesota have killer killer killer schedules. Everything is almost right on track, just beat Utah.

------------------
    I BELIEVE!

12. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I like the trade, except the Rockets should re-sign Hakeem instead of signing Jackson.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

[​IMG] - how about trading them for that toilet posted in the hangout thread?

14. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Let's do the pencil deal.

(this post created specifically to get me up to 999)

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

15. win14me

win14me Contributing Member

but not a stubby pencil

------------------

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would take a golf pencil just to get rid of Walt and Cato....

DaDakota

------------------
    If you like RTS games, check out this one.

www.frontierwars.com

coming soon to a PC near you.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lets be honest here.
    we could lose Cato, Walt, and Shandon, (maybe even KT). These are all just role players who havent played up to par(whereas Bullard, Los, and Moochie have played well in their roles). We could randomly trade them for other role players, and, if team chemistry issues are put aside, I definitely think the Rockets would have the same record.

So, to me, I say trade what you can and get what you can, but few teams, except maybe Chicago would be dumb enough to unload Cato and Walt both from us. I think we should definitely be trading with capspace in mind. Besides going after Webber this year, it would be great to be able to keep Mo, have some money for Francis downt he road and for some other BETTER role players.

------------------

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Walt can stay one more season, as long as we get rid of Cato. Then next season we can use Walt's salary to sign more FA's or re-up Steve. IMO, KT has played up to par. He's just undersized, and a lot of times he is forced to guard guys 5 or more inches taller than him. If he could get that jumper working again, I wouldn't mind if he was used a little at the 3.

------------------

19. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Kenny has definitely played up to par. He's got the best footwork on this team for any big man,and has taken it offensively at some great power forwards and been successful.He's a good passer out of the post too. Great backup power forward for this team, and if the starter gets hurt, he can step in and the rockets don't really lose that much. He's a good defender IMO. He's quicker than most of the players he defends though,and has the bulk to bang with them, so the height only hurts him in that they can shoot over him.

------------------

20. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Why would the kings do that trade if they can get Camby and Houston? Thats a good trade because Im a Rocket fan but its not a fair deal.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.