1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Atkins and football?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ace, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Hey guys,

I've been following the Atkins diet thread in the DD post, which has now given me some idea as to what I might want to do in terms of my diet.

I am not overweight, but would want to lose around 10 pounds or so. You can't really tell I need to lose too much, but I feel like I've added a little extra layer lately and I want it off.

However, I am also training over the summer to get into the University football (soccer) team. I have been unsuccessful in mixing exercise with diet before, and so am wondering what I should do. I'm thinking of losing the weight first, as it's quite annoying to have to carry it around (I feel a step slower) and then going on an intense regime to make myself even more physically fit for football.

I think I've read that Carbs are either helpful or quite essential in processing protein to muscle but I'm not sure which one or whether there is any truth in that at all.

I basically want to know how much the Atkins diet will take away from energy if you are looking to exercise as well. How will it affect my energy? I don't want to faint as I'm playing football! I've heard some people say that they feel really out of energy when they are on this diet, but perhaps they are not doing it properly? I would like to note that I'm talking about energy for people who exercise on a very regular basis, not day to day life. DD said he felt quite energetic in the other thread, so does it depend on how you tackle Atkins and what you decide to eat within the options of that diet? If so, what would be the essential foods which would provide the nutrients for this? Are protein shakes a good idea?

Cheers for any help.

2. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have another incentive to lose the ten pounds quickly. I have to go to a friend's wedding in 15 days and would want it gone by then!

3. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

10 pounds of fat in 15 days is not going to happen. If your just trying to get weight down you can easily lose 10 pounds in water weight by going outside and running 3 miles.