1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ATF rescinds the 2nd amendment for MMJ patients

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MoonDogg, Dec 19, 2011.

1. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Medical mar1juana patients face 5-to-10 years in prison for owning a gun, says ATF

What's next? People that smoke cigarettes, tequila drinkers, fat people?

2. Classic

Classic Member

Feds are out of control the last few years. They've used this recession since people are distressed and distracted by the economy to cram so much anti-liberty type legislation down our throats. Obama's fans boys may still think he's a polar opposite of GWB but this recession has been Obama's 9/11.

-TSA expansion
    -Fast & Furious debacle
    -net neutrality legislation
    -Defense act
    -extension of patriot act
    -silencing wiki leaks
    -med mary jane raids
    -keep Guantanamo open

These guys are really on a role.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The BATFE is completely out of control. They prove it time and time again yet we still allow them to write their own laws, have their own army, and grow their budget.

This time, unlike usual, they might actually have legal standing, but it flies in the face of logic.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Addicted to a controlled substance ay?

So who Decides who's addicted and who isn't?

5. Major

Major Member

From the wording of "controlled substance", I assume that part refers to things like alcohol. I would guess if you have court mandated Alcoholics Anonymous or something like that, you'd be classified as addicted. The mar1juana part would fit more into the "unlawful user" half, given that the Feds don't appear to recognize state laws on medical mar1juana.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The ATF is one of the most cluster**** law enforcement agencies in the country -- they've needed a major overall for about two decades now.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

9. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

10. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

What's next is legalization perhaps....although that won't solve much in this case. It will still be a felony to possess or buy a firearm. Obviously all sales of medical mar1juana are not totally legit. Neither are all sales of Oxycontin or booze.

It's all just a power play by the feds to try to control something they can't ever control and have failed miserably at for the past 80 years.

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Are any of those activities illegal? I am opposed to drug laws, but it is stupid to just pretend they don't exist.
    Controlled Substances are those substances that fall under the aptly named, controlled substances act. Alcohol is explicitly not one of them.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Alcohol + Guns = Good Times

mar1juana + Guns = NoNo

That makes sense... In opposite land...

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

im a much better shot when im high than when im drunk.

and technically speaking, does this law make it a federal crime for a gun owner to be in possession of pot?

14. LScolaDominates

What "whole thing" are you referring to? The pseudo-legal storefronts selling eight different strains of highly potent ganja? The medical mj patients growing a few plants in their backyard for personal use? The street dealer?

There is too much cultural momentum behind medical mj for the feds to come in and simply close up shop and call it a day. As long as they keep swimming against the current on this issue, there will be unintended consequences (like dispensaries holding massive amounts of cash because banks won't open accounts with them).

15. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

No one is pretending they don't exist. But the people in the state voted to allow the use of medical mmj because they're tired of being b****es to the pharmaceutical industry. State's rights mean nothing anymore.

Yep...5 year mandatory sentence I believe. It's not a new law, it's just being used as a tool to suppress medical mmj.

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the people in the state voted for safe and easy access to legal weed, not in response to the pharmaceutical industry

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

why the my morning jacket hate?

18. Raven

Raven Member

Ron Paul 2012

:confused:

19. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

"safe and easy access to legal weed" to substitute for highly addictive substances so easily provided by the pharmaceutical industry.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I still take advil for my headaches and weed for when I want to get baked.

of course, I have to lie to a doctor once per year and pay a fee for a prescription that I don't need medically.

it protects me from being arrested. this is my number one priority.

who are we kidding here? I invite any one of you legal and/or civil rights activists into an average dispensary in California and you will see nothing but High Times/Half Baked enthusiasts enjoying their legal weed.

I feel for the cancer patients and amputees that really do need it as well, but what the cannibusiness has become is nothing like Prop 215 or SB420 ever set out for in the first place.

they named the bill "420"

#20 across110thstreet, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011