1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Staffer's Outburst at Female Reporters Illustrates MLB's Forgive-and-Forget Attitude Toward D

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Pringles09, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Gotcha.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Did he get in her face like that?

Bearded13 and jcf like this.
  3. raining threes

Let me tell you what's disingenuous, if Taubman had made the same remark to a male reporter this wouldn't even be an issue.

Since the courts decided in their infinite wisdom to allow women in the lockeroom orgs have had to deal with these (Feelings) type issues.

fiersdownbelow likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Just because Footer felt threatened does not mean it's a misdemeanor.

Nothing about this was threatening and this why its overblown.

5. Elienator

Elienator Member

This has nothing to do with free speech and it doesn't matter if he intended to threaten someone or not.

Taubman was at work when this happened (yes it was a celebration, but it was a work celebration on company property). His job involves interacting with the media and dealing with things that reporters write that he personally may not like. While representing his employer, he acted in a completely unprofessional manner in a way that directly involved his job responsibilities. Whether he intended to threaten someone doesn't matter, it only makes things worse if he did. Being drunk is not an excuse, and again it would only make his behavior more unprofessional. He lied to his employer about it (because he knew it was wrong or was too drunk to remember) which caused them to issue a false statement making the organization look even worse. What job do people think exists where you wouldn't or shouldn't be fired for that?

Taubum was fired because of his own actions and that is no one's fault but his own. No one knows whether he would have been fired had he taken some responsibility for his actions, but when he lied about the situation he made it impossible for the organization not to fire him.

6. raining threes

End thread

jcf likes this.
  7. raining threes

This I can agree with.

8. raining threes

He doesn't know.

9. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I mean- so what? We’ve been taught as a society, since, basically the beginning of time, that boys and girls are treated differently and everyone knows the deal.
    Everyone knows if you have a beef with your guy friend you can punch them one day and be drinking a beer together the next day, but you can’t do that with a woman. Just like you can cuss a guy but not a woman. This is well know and accepted social decorum for 90+ percent of America. Taubman knew that. He violated that. Then he lied about it. He deserved to get got and I have no idea why you think it’s relevant he could have faded that remark to a dude. Sure, probably, but so what.

10. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Sounds like he stared her down and yelled at her from about 6-8 feet away. Context is clear with what he was doing. Let’s not try to pretend it isn’t.
    I was giving an example.

11. raining threes

I feel threatened by this post.

Have you committed a crime?

jcf likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jesus, are you stuck in the 1950's? How are you even able to use the internet with your ass backward ways? Join us in the 21st century.

13. alethios

alethios Member

It probably wasn't about her feelings if her intent was to go in and target Osuna and the Astros for hiring him. She's the one that poured gasoline on the situation.

jcf and raining threes like this.
  14. prospecthugger

You don't have to like Footer, or her protest of Osuna, but I think comments like snowflakes or flowers seem pretty far off. Just in the last few days, my Twitter feed has popped up examples of presumably men absolutely trashing female reporters for doing their job. Things like suggesting they only have a job because they're a woman, or completely unfounded accusations that they only have access to a locker room because they're willing to have sex with the players. I'd hazard a guess that she has to work in a much more toxic environment than you do, but she keeps going. I don't know what you are going through that takes away your ability to have human empathy, but I'm sorry for it. If you want someone to talk about it with, my DMs are open.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude you are trying way to hard.

There is nothing about yelling toward a person that can be considered a crime.

Unless it's a threat of harm it's not a crime.

This a were things go off the rails with that line of thinking.

Bearded13 and raining threes like this.
  16. raining threes

So if Footer is going to be able to get people fired because of her feelings then she should never be allowed in a clubhouse again and if I ran the org I would tell everybody that worked for me to never speak to her again because you never know how she may be FEELING that day.

RustyHarden and cardpire like this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

When did Taubman walk up to anybody?

Everything I read said he yelled at her, do you even know how close they were?

When you inject that into the discussion you are also being obtuse, just because you don't like what he did does not mean you can claim it was threatening or using a chest to chest example.

Bearded13 and cardpire like this.
  18. cardpire

cardpire Member

he was making an obnoxious yet innocuous comment to somebody who he had a beef with. let's dismiss whatever hard work and good he's done in his past and ruin his career, reputation, and life. today's world.

19. AstrosRockets1818

Ohhhh noooooo REEKO please no!!!! Don't ignore me please man please!!!!!!

20. raining threes

Feeling/Snowflakes etc... it is what it is in todays world and nobody needs to go to a therapist to realize what's going on here. I remember a time when a clubhouse used to be like a temple and what happened there stayed there. No more though and that speaks volmes for where we are.