1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros Saturday and Sunday Games will be at Noon

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Gummi Clutch, Oct 5, 2004.

1. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

man why is these t.v stations not showing the astros some prime-time love? man that's weak right there boy. they the hottest team right now. anyways i hope the astros lay the smack down on them braves mayn fo sho

2. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

It's all about the ratings. Ratings bring in the money. Even if i were the network exec, i wouldn't give the Astros the prime time slots. Not against the braves. Maybe one against the Dodgers. The Yankees and Sox are where the ratings and advertising money is.

They'll get their prime time slots if they make it to the NLCS. Nothing to worry about there.;)

3. PhiSlammaJamma

The good news is, if we win this series, we make the primetime. night baseball is so much better.

4. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

does anyone have confirmation if this supposed 11 am start time? this sounds ridiculous

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I just checked espn.com again and Refman is right, it does say TBD now. I don't have confirmation, I just know that my brother talked to a rep from the Astros and they told him that 11:00 am was correct. How reliable or solid that time slot is, I dont know. Perhaps all of the complaining actually made them rethink it?

6. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

hmm.... just can't see a feasible reason for starting at 11

noon is alright..... but at 11 am isn't going to be a convienient time for a lot of fans to watch the game.

hope it isn't 11 am though.

7. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Even if FSN, the Astros Network, ESPN, and Fox don't pick up the game, won't TBS probably show it?

They are the Braves' cheerleaders, after all.

*very jealous of Braves and Cubs having own TV channels*

8. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

As I said before, 11:00am is not even an available time slot onany of the TV outlets. Let's not forget that Sunday still has a lot of NFL activity that the networks paid big bucks to have the right to televise.

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

ESPN and FOX have exclusive rights to the postseason. All games are televised nationally. FSN is not part of the FOX portion of the deal either.

10. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

The ones that are on ESPN are going to be shown on 51 as well because it's the law that they have to have it showing on a Local Market TV station as well. That was said on 610 a while back so even if it is on ESPN you will get that feed on 51.

The Fox one of course will be shown on FOX :)

11. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Don't forget that each weekend either FOX or CBS gets to broadcast only one game so they might only broadcast the 3 p.m. game, leaving the 11 a.m. slot open. And ESPN would show playoff baseball over NFL pre-game shows.

12. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I can't edit but on my above post i meant FOX getting the 11 a.m. slot or ESPN (cz i know CBS doesnt have rights)

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

A lot of the timing is also goign to have to do with the fact some teams could be swept by saturday and that would effect what games go on and how many games will be played. That is why on the MLB site the times for the saturday games and sunday ones are still TBD.

14. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

I just checked Yahoo TV listings, and they have listed

MLB baseball (playoffs) for Saturday at noon on ESPN2 .

And same time for Sunday, but it's on ESPN .

15. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

noon eastern time?

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i have so many conflicting interests Sat. that it's starting to piss me off.

i'll be tailgating (yes, at SWT...) by 9 am and go inside for the 12:30 kickoff. i'll probably have to bail early to catch some of the 'Stros game. at least we'll have a TV to watch some other college football.

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

People do that there? Or, is it one of those weekends they shut down the cafeterias to force the students to go to the game if they want to eat?

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

this my be hard to believe, but attendence has actually been damn good this year. the stadium's been full for every home game! and there's actually been a lot of tailgating going on as well! it's crazy, i tell ya. but the school's been working hard to get attendence up at games, and it seems to be working.

that was one thing that really irked about this school; 27,000 students - none of which gave a damn about the football team. tailgating is possibly the coolest college tradition, and it goes completely negleted at this school. but this year has been different, and that kicks ass. hopefully the trend becomes tradition.

19. Tyree

Tyree Member

chron.com showing the games are at 7 on Saturday and Sunday...