1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros @ Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

All game talk goes in here. Please do not give play by play. If you need play by play go to CBS, ESPN, or Yahoo.

Pitching Proabables:

7-21 Roy Oswalt (12-8, 2.54) vs. Esteban Loaiza (6-5, 3.62) 6:05 on FSSW

7-22 Roger Clemens (7-4, 1.47) vs. Ryan Drese (7-8, 5.47) 6:05 on FSSW

7-23 Brandon Backe (8-6, 4.87) vs. Tony Armas (4-4, 4.96) 6:05 on FSSW

7-24 Wandy Rodriguez (5-4, 6.79) vs. John Patterson (4-2, 2.69) 12:05 on FSSW

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

WWLW

A solid performance here and we're leading the wild card by this time next week!

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We should kill that bum pitching on Sunday. :D

Actually, WWWL

4. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

5. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

LWWL. Loaize is very good at home and Patterson is a stud.

6. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Agreed. John Patterson has great stats, but 2 things might throw him of. We usually do good against young pitchers who haven't seen us (minus Wood and Willis) and it's a day game which could throw off his rythm.

7. red

red Contributing Member

WWWW...

its time to put pressure on the braves.

8. Buck Turgidson

WHAAAA?

9. msn

msn Member

I remember quite the opposite. Kris Benson, also the Brewers (or was it Pirates?) pitcher who actually came from the Astros' system (but only on his *first* start against the Astros), and a host of other young guys. In fact, in other discussion forums it's been kind of an ongoing joke how the Astros make a rookie pitcher look like Cy Young.

10. redgoose

Maybe i did start drinking to early in the day. :confused:

I could go edit my posts, but where's the fun in that! :D

11. msn

msn Member

Wayne Franklin. Pitched a real gem his first time against us, and we've hit him ever since. I don't know why his name was escaping me earlier.

12. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

We'll never catch the Braves, so our only hope is knocking the Nats out of first and into the wild card race with us. This can be the make or break weekend. If we take 3 out of 4, I say we become buyers at the trade deadline. If we were to lose 3 out of 4, that could be the end of the season.

13. redgoose

Exactly, and for anyone that hasn't heard, Livan hernadez is having season ending surgery. You hate to route for injuies, but............ :confused:

14. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I'm going to the game on Saturday to root Backe on!!!

15. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Hey man, #$%* that! Other teams are happy to kick you when your guys are injured, so don't be sorry about taking advantage of their bad luck. Livan gets paid one way or another, so do you think he cares? Probably not unless he has a lot of Washington Nationals pride. :rolleyes:

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The Braves will be in first place after tonight and will be there the rest of the way IMO.

17. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Has that been confirmed? I heard he may just have been blowing off steam.

18. Buck Turgidson

Doubt he'll have surgery. Doubt he'll miss his next start. Seems like a prima-donna "pay attention to me" kind of thing. "I'm mad, I'll tell you why after the season" was the quote I saw. Who knows?

Can't imagine the clubhouse is happy with the candyass. Stros are catching them at a good time b/t this, a slew of injuries, karma, and their crappy play of late.

19. redgoose

Here's what it says on ESPN.com now. It's not a main front page story so maybe they're not totally buying it either.

July 20, 2005 - SportsTicker

RHP Livan Hernandez (12-4) set a franchise record by hitting four batters in Wednesday's 3-2 loss to the Colorado Rockies. He is the first National League pitcher to hit four batters in a game since Rockies pitcher Pedro Astacio plunked four Arizona Diamondbacks on April 22, 2001. After throwing seven strong innings, he indicated he may need immediate surgery on his right knee, which has been bothering him all season. "Tomorrow I go make (a) big decision and I don't know, I am 99.9 percent sure I'm not going to pitch no more (this season)," Hernandez said. "I need to go to surgery tomorrow. It's nothing official. I am going to make my decision. ... It's not easy for me to make this decision. I love this team. You know I never quit. I am not a quitter."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=was

20. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

It's waaaaay too early to be saying we'll never catch the Braves.