1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros' GM on 610

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Do WHAT?, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

We need to go 40-20.. I think we can do it...

DO WHAT?

Has he looked at the current standings and the way his team is playing?

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i find it impressive that you came up with your moniker 104 posts ago specifically knowing ahead of time that you would use it with so much purpose on this very topic. bravo, sir. bravo!!! :)

3. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That is impressive... you should really try to work "DO WHAT?" into every one of your posts from here on out.

"Yao doesn't want to pass the ball to T-mac... "

"He doesn't want to... DO WHAT?!?"

In all seriousness, there's no way they can go 40-20 with 2 starting pitchers on the shelf.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

So Hunsinger said we needed to go 40-20?

6. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

and he also reinterated that he sticking with what we've got and won't be trading anyone away.

7. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Thats a relief, I just got my Beltran t-shirt from the game yesterday. ;) I don't think they should give up, get on a streak and they could be there in the end.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well... keeping Beltran may be more of a case that, if they don't re-sign him, they'd be more comfortable in the 2 first round picks they'll get, rather than the prospects that were offered at the last second.

If a team was mighty desperate for Beltran, we may have been able to get a good offer... but I think Randy Johnson is the guy most teams are going to be building their efforts around, thus, there's really no great prospects out there for the Astros to get.

BTW... Mota just got traded to the Marlins (Motta/Lo Duca/prospect for Penny/Choi).

9. wstar

wstar Member

TRADE

formerly untouchable 1st rd pick scott kazmir from cy falls was just traded to the d-rays for victor zambrano. other details involved, but a real surprise for the mets to move such a prospect who has had a very good year in a-ball.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Probably because they just landed Kris Benson, and they'll be contending for a World Series next year if he's runnin on all cylinders... and they definitely needed more help in the bullpen.

11. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I don't mind seeing Carlos Beltran (to the LA Dogders) and Jeff Kent (to Oakland A's) traded already.

The season is over ....not because we are too far behind but we have a trojan horse infested offense, an anaemic starting pitching and a pouring bull pen. We cannot hang.

Put us out of our torture and moved those players so that Tavares (sp) and Buck (sp) can come up and get ther feet wet.

12. codell

codell Contributing Member

UPDATE: Arizona got in on this deal as well. Finley to the Dodgers and some prospects from LA and FLA back to Arizona.

Why do the Dodgers need Finley when they have Bradley?

13. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

cos Bradley is a nut job.

I am rooting for la this season along with the phillies and Giants.

14. wstar

wstar Member

hey fegwu -

buck is already getting his feet wet...and he's drowning. He went to the Royals in the beltran/dotel deal.

He's batting .149 with 32 k's in 23 games with KC.

15. Locke

Locke Member

Man, I think we should LOCKE this thread.

:D

16. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I remember kazmir from when I was a senior at cyfair.. that guy got so much publicity

17. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

well the astros didn't make any trades but it looks like the cubs landed Nomar Garciappara.

18. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Buck was traded to the Royals as part of the deal to land Carlos Beltran.