1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros @ Cardinals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Tavares totally misplays a fly-ball, Edmonds should of been rung up on a pitch that was called a ball, and Pujols bloops in a single. On top of it all, before that inning, Roy had only thrown 60 pitches threw 5 (that's some pretty decent control... even if he didn't have his best 'stuff').

And you're talking about luck?!? You must be a Cards fan.

(and btw... curtain calls are dumb when you give them for practically every single HR. They should be reserved for late-inning/grand-slam/multiple HR in a game type situations. Its kinda like how the Astros retire almost every single significant player's jersey who ever played for them... ;) )

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I kinda like him... and when he comes into a game at MMP, or when he records a K, they can just keep on playing "eggg-celent" on the loudspeaker.

I thought he would get the call to get the save in the game last night, since he was our AAA closer... but Garner plays guys based on seniority.

3. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

I thought Oswalt was squeezed so tight by the home-plate ump that it caused him to throw over the plate more. He wasn't getting any calls.

I actually turned it off after the Walker HR very well knowing the Astros would do no more. They are cursed by the Cards.

Hopefully Roger can avoid the sweep tomorrow.

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Man, these losses piss me off more than I thought they would. I guess it's because I had read a thread on the ESPN STL board where they mentioned how the Stros where on this great run. Then one ******* said "wait til they play us, we'll put them in their place" or "bring them back down to earth" or some crap. That pissed me off.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ugh... it looks HOT out there. I'm sweating just by watching it on TV. It makes you wonder about the quality of play that can be achieved from this team while they play in retractable-roof comfort.

When you look at their home vs. road record, and their record in day games at home (vs. on the road), I'm pretty sure it should be a factor (even if it is a small one).

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

For the first time, I've remembered in time to get the stream online. I'm lovin it! Can't believe Carpenter vs. Clemens on a Sun aftn isn't nationally televised..

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You're probably better off than most of us in Houston having to watch it on the crappy KNWS feed. The contrast is so off, you'd think they were playing on the sun (its waaaay too bright).

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

THAT is why Mike Lamb is not an everyday player... simply awful.

9. kaleidosky

Hopefully everyone asking for him saw/heard that one..

Should Clemens have K'ed Rolen? Milo made it sound like the ump missed a number of pitches to Rolen and following him

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No... there was nothing borderline or that close on Clemens' pitches to Rolen (nowhere NEAR the botched K that happened in yesterday's game when Oswalt was facing Edmonds). Milo just needs to get his eyes checked (again).

I'm hoping that this team can come back from a 3 run deficit, but honestly, I'm not expecting it.

11. kaleidosky

good lord, why test Larry of all people?

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It looked like a 2B all the way, and Walker (a lefty) was running to his left. You can't really fault him for trying to stretch that hit (all the way near the corner).

Credit him for making a perfect throw... right now, the Cardinals are beating us significantly in ALL facets of the game (offense, pitching, defense), and its only the 3rd inning.

13. kaleidosky

Gotcha...again, going on Milo's call of "didn't even reach the corner and he's gonna try to stretch it!" But, I do think it's an easier play for Walker *because* he's a lefty. I didn't see it--but if I'm imagining it right, he would've backhanded or something...but then he could throw it right away. A righty would have had to turn his body completely to throw to 2nd from the corner.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That ball was already in Walker's glove while Ausmus was rounding first. It looked like he was slowing down. Nick, I understand you are one of the resident apologist, but there is no defending Ausmus going for second on that play. It wasn't even close. He wasn't even into his slide before the ball got to second base.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yea.. you're probably right... but it was still a pretty decent play by Walker (and any other runner besides Ausmus probably gets a 2B out of that).

Wow... at least we finally made Carpenter face above the minimum (albeit it took till the 5th inning).

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'm watching on KPLR. They're going nuts.

17. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

0-10 in STL including the NLCS. The good news is we get the hell out of STL but the bad news is Backe,Wandy, and Astacio pitch the next 3 games.

18. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Damn, this series made me sick. We should have at least won the 1st game...

Well, I hope the Stros can right the ship and we can make a move for Dunn. Time's running out! If the Stros can't work a trade i'm gonna be pissed.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

this thread is seriously depressing.

:(

i HATE the f'ing cards!!!!!

20. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

They are the Utah Jazz of baseball to me . :mad: